You are here : Teachings & Blogs  >  HeartStreams and Discourses  >  The HeartStreams Database
Heartstreams Database-Messages From the Ascended Masters

David Lewis      April 15, 2010

David Christopher Lewis
April 15, 2010  7:28-8:22 am MDT
Wellspring Retreat
Paradise Valley, Montana

David Lewis' Life and Mission*

           Beloved Jesus and Kuthumi desire that I speak a little bit this morning about my life. This is just for the edification of any who desire to engage in understanding the foundation of where I come from in order to understand a little bit more about The Hearts Center. I've spoken of various aspects of my life in the past, but I'd like to begin somewhat from the beginning and have this recorded so that there's clarity and understanding of my origins to also defuse any error that you may have heard about my life.
           So I am the sixth of ten children of the seed of Robert Odell 
Lewis and Verla Jean Schneider Lewis. My dad, Bob, was born in Hammond, Indiana, and grew up in Oak Park, Illinois, which is a suburb of Chicago. He was a very bright young man and skipped a grade in school. He went to school at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, which is just north of Chicago. He was in the Army Air Corps. He was born April 4, 1923 and he met my mother in Waco, Texas, when he was stationed there during World War II in the Army Air Corps.
           My mom, Verla Jean Schneider, was born in Jackson, Minnesota on October 19, 1923, grew up on a farm, went to school in a one-room schoolhouse, and she met my dad, as I said, in Waco, Texas. So they were married shortly thereafter and lived first with my dad's parents in Oak Park and then eventually had their own home. I believe they lived in Lyons, Illinois, and then moved to Hinsdale, which is where I was born.
           The home my family was living in when I was born was at 606 South Lincoln Street. And shortly after I was born we moved to 515 South Lincoln Street. Now, the first home has been torn down and a larger home put up in place of two different homes that were torn down, but the home that I grew up in primarily during all my young years is still standing at the corner of 6th 
and Lincoln in the suburb of Hinsdale.
           I was a very shy young man. My brothers and sisters had blonde hair and blue eyes, except for my oldest brother, who had darker hair. So you can imagine in a house full of ten children there was a lot of activity. We had seven bedrooms, four floors. There was a basement, the main floor, the upstairs, where most of the bedrooms were, and then an attic that my dad had converted into another bedroom for my second- and third-oldest brothers.
           I was engaged from an early time in sports. I loved basketball and baseball, but I didn't really like football that much because it was too violent for me, though I did play it from about fourth grade through eighth grade. I guess I was somewhat of an exceptional student, usually getting just about straight As in a parochial school called St. Isaac Jogues
, which was just about four blocks from where we lived. So I would walk to school or ride a bike to school. And there was a large park called Robins Park just a block away from our home. And I spent many, many hours in that park playing all kinds of games—Frisbee, baseball, tennis—and running, et cetera.
           I was born into a Catholic family. My parents had converted to Catholicism from two other different Christian faiths. And so from my early childhood, we went to Mass together as a family every Sunday, usually to the 11:15 am Mass, for which my dad was almost always an usher. We took up almost an entire pew, just the Lewis family, and sometimes more than one pew. And it was always interesting to see the Lewis family there all parked and packed together as a unit in our Sunday best.
 And when the usher would come and extend that long collection basket on a pole down to all of us, we had our little coins that we'd pop in there.
           One of my first memories as a young boy was of giving the rosary together as a family in the early 1960s
I was probably four or five years old. It may have been during the time of the Cuban missile crisis. And we would give it at night, the family together, in our living room. And I remember a vigil light that we hadall the lights were turned off and the vigil light was there shining, all these flickering shadows of light on the ceiling as we would say our Hail Marys together.
           I was an altar boy, probably from about the third grade on, and would often get up very early and serve at the 5:15 am Mass or the 6 am Mass, sometimes the seven, before school would begin. 
And I remember wearing the cassock and surplice and being there ready to pour the wine and the water into the chalice from the cruets, the little crystal cruets that we as altar boys would have. And it was very sacred to me to be up there near the altar feeling all that I would feel in terms of the presence of God and the light and of attempting in every way I possibly could to be holy and to be pure.
           I remember during Lent and other times giving the rosary and sometimes going to Mass even when I wasn't an altar boy and kneeling in the first or second pew and doing the rosary sometimes before Mass. I had a deep devotion to God. And in second grade when a priest came around and asked all of us what we wanted to be when we grew up, I said a priest. And there were two of my buddies who also said the same thing. Most, of course, wanted to be something else, but I knew that I had a calling even at that young age.
           In fourth and fifth grade, and then in the sixth and seventh, I would ask questions during catechism about the nature of heaven—what was this thing called purgatory and what was limbo? I wanted to really understand some of the deeper things of life, the meaning of life, but every time I would ask a question, they would say, “Oh, that's a mystery” or “Don't worry about that right now. You'll understand it later.”  And so as an inquisitive child, I really did desire to know, but the answers weren't there from the Catholic tradition.
           In eighth grade, my mother began reading books about Edgar Cayce. And having an inquisitive nature myself and searching for God, I also began reading There Is a River about the life of Edgar Cayce, and it all made sense to me. I graduated from eighth grade as one of the top students and I was one of four individuals who was voted by our coach as outstanding athlete. But then I began to search much deeper beyond the Catholic tradition into the more esoteric teachings.
And after eighth grade I did not really go to Mass that much because I saw a lot of the corruption and what I thought were the inconsistencies in terms of people who would go to Mass on Sunday and yet who would carouse and drink and do all kinds of things during the week that didn't make any sense.
           One of the biggest factors in my life that changed me forever was that our family took a trip to Mexico after my eighth-grade year of parochial school. We went to San Miguel de Allende, and I remember seeing how poor the people were and the disparity between the great riches in America and the style of life that we had, the quality of life that we had in terms of abundance and things and materialism and the little that the people in Mexico had, and yet the children were all happy. They would smile, they would run around, they would play in the streets, and they were always very, very happy. And, of course, in the town that I grew up in, which was an upper middle-class town in Hinsdale, it seemed that people generally were not always that happy. So it began to make me think. And there and then I said to myself that I desire to make a difference and to help the world become a better place.
           My father and I left San Miguel after two weeks. I wanted to return to the United States to play baseball during the summer with my friends, but the remainder of my family stayed for—I think it was a full six weeks in Mexico. So my dad and I took a train back all the way from Mexico to Chicago. I think it was probably two or three different trains. And we went through the back territory of Mexico and saw the most poverty-stricken areas that you can imagine, where people's homes were made out of anything that they could get their hands on in the desert, including just metal siding. I even saw homes made out of cacti that were formed in the shape of little houses to shade people from the sun. This also made a huge impression on me. It was almost like Gautama going out into the world after he had been held captive
within the kingdom of his father and seeing the poverty and the sick people and the people dying. This is what I saw. And so the impression upon my soul was very, very deep, and I knew that I had a mission and I desired to be a healer.
           So I began studying during my freshman and sophomore years all that I could get my hands on. And it was interesting that my grandfather passed on, my dad's father, around that time, and we inherited all of his books from his library. Well, as it turned out, my grandfather and grandmother had been in the “I AM” Activity. And even though I didn't find the I AM books then, I found all kinds of wonderful spiritual books—Ouspensky, Gurdjieff. I found all kinds of books on health and well-being. My grand­mother, my dad's mother, was a nurse. She had written on window shades the formulas for all kinds of organic chemistry equations that she had to memorize in her courses to become a nurse, and I found these. They were very interesting, and I studied organic and biochemistry as a senior in high school. I was definitely interested in the sciences, but really more in the esoteric sciences and in the healing sciences. So I secured various journals and things about homeopathy and iridology, and I was really bent on becoming a natural healer. That was my goal when I was moving into my sophomore, junior and senior years of high school.
           I was very good at basketball—that was my primary sport—and I was the highest scorer on our team as a freshman. One of the interesting things that occurred in the beginning of my sophomore year was when we were practicing for our first game, which was a nonconference game against an all-African-American school in the inner city of Chicago. This team had beat us the year before, when I was a freshman, in triple overtime. Well, our coach was very prejudiced, and during our last practice we were in the locker room and he said, “We're going to go out and beat those…” and then he used the n word. And I really didn't like that. So I was 
one of the two top players on the team and the starting point guard, but I quit the team because I could not sanction that type of mentality of prejudice. And it was a stand for truth; it was a stand for justice and honor. And even though I was called to task by the varsity coach and the athletic director, and one of them came to our home and talked to me with my dad present, I stood firm with the resolve that I would not play for that coach, who I felt was basically, as I would term it now, unconscious.
           So that was one stand for truth. Also in my freshman year I did a term paper on Native Americans, and I read various journals, Black Elk Speaks, Little Big Man and other books, and I really became empathetic to the cause of the Native Americans and what we had done to them in this nation by taking away their land without just compensation, basically killing them off. And so I really resonated with the cause of those who were moving toward an understanding of nature, of getting back to the land. When I was a freshman, I was a choir member in mixed chorus, and I was invited by the teacher to be a member of the concert choir after my first semester, which was usually reserved for sophomores, juniors and seniors. And I had a fairly decent voice—wasn't trained at that time, but I loved to sing. Well, there was a musical every year put on by the school, and sure enough, that year it was Annie Get Your Gun. And the part that the baritones had was to sing this refrain that supposedly was the sound of native peoples. It was “Uhga, uhga, uhga / uhga, uhga, uhga,” and I did not like that. I had just finished my paper on Native Americans, and  I thought it was very, very demeaning to the native peoples.
           So even though I had gotten an A in mixed chorus the first quarter, because I refused to sing in that musical, which was extracurricular—it wasn't even required, and I had gone to class every day and sang in class—my teacher gave me an F for that next quarter, the first F I had ever gotten in school. It ruined my grade-point average for high school. But there again, I stood for truth and I would not bow to the culture in that time that was demeaning toward another culture. So I stood up for the African Americans. I stood up for the Native peoples. And I think that I have a very deep sense of cosmic justice in my being for all peoples of all nations, and I was kind of a maverick in one sense. But looking back, it was the impression that I was setting upon the ethers of who I was and of my determination to stand for truth.
           I formed, when I was a sophomore in high school, an Edgar Cayce study group. My parents had been going to an ARE group, and occasionally they had meetings in our home. Well, I formed my own group with anybody I could find in the high school that was interested in spiritual things. So we would talk about all kinds of things, but primarily about reincarnation, karma. And I did find about four or five people that I felt were more sensitive to the universe and a little more leaning toward new-age concepts. So at a young age I was even seeking then to form 
a type of community, because I felt that the earth was changing and that things were changing, our culture was changing, and we had to be ready.
           Well, my parents decided to move to Spain during my junior year in high school, and I desired to finish my senior year of high school in the United States. It was difficult to conceive of not doing that. So they were going to move to Spain. My mom loved 
a city called Malaga on the Mediterranean coast, so my parents bought property there. They were getting ready to move. And so there was a lady in town whose husband had passed on. She was probably in her sixties or seventies, and in order to finish high school in Hinsdale, my parents thought that I should get to know her and then stay with her so I accompanied her on a trip to visit her daughter in California, in Garberville, which is in northern California, in the summer between my junior and senior years. We drove together all the way from Chicago to California in a little Gremlin. Remember those cars? And it could top out at about 75 miles an hour. When I was a sophomore and very idealistic in my stance, I had told my dad that I did not want to get a driver's license because I didn't want to drive cars that polluted the atmosphere with their internal combustion engines. But my dad said, “Well, you're going to get your license anyway, because I'm not going to pay for it. The school pays for it. It's part of your curricula. And if you don't do it now, you're going to want to get it later. So you might as well take a class and do it.” So I did.
           Well, as it turned out, I think I drove about three thousand miles that very summer with this lady. The interesting thing was we went by Mount Shasta, and then we went up through Oregon and Washington. We went by Mount Rainier, Mount Hood. We came back through Yellow­stone Park and we came right up Highway 89 and then took I-90 back east toward Chicago. So we actually went right by this property, right by the Royal Teton Ranch, Livingston, Montana. And the impression that I had, especially when we went through Yellowstone Park and through this valley, was deep set within my soul. I can tell you that. And it was amazing. I will never forget Mount Rainier. I will never forget Mount Shasta and some of the areas that we went. And it was like the masters were seeding my being with these essences of these sacred places for my future mission.
           So, as it turned out, my parents decided not to move to Spain but to move to southern Illinois to a town called Carbondale. Two of my brothers lived in the area. My parents bought a farm—my mom had grown up on a farm—and we had a number of acres. My mom loved gardening, and so we started gardening when we moved to Carbondale. It was actually a little place called Boskydell outside of Carbondale. So I had my first taste of organic gardening. I actually grew my own vegetable garden and kind of an urban flower garden, and I loved it. I had this garden during the summer of both my junior and after my senior year in high school.
 So l loved it. We had goats, we had cows, we had chickens. And one of my first jobs was to clean out the chicken coop. Boy, that was really rough. It was the grossest thing I had ever experienced. I felt so good at the end of the day, though, having done hard physical labor, which I hadn't quite done in the same way before. I had done paper routes as a young boy—getting up at five a.m., delivering two different Chicago newspapers down my street—which was good hard work, but this was different.
           Another thing I think I should mention is that I became somewhat disenchanted with the educational system in my town during my high school years, especially in my sophomore and junior years. So in my junior year I did independent study, and I was able to set my own curricula. There were four requirements that I had to meet, so I took chemistry, English, math and one other course, but I set the rest of the curricula. I planned to study herbs with one gentleman who was a farmer. As it turned out, instead he had me build a large, wooden pyramid with him. 
And I worked on his farm and did all kinds of crazy things. Another class I chose was to help at an elementary school with children who had challenges with their families. They were emotionally distraught because of divorces in their families. So I worked with these children and they loved me. They loved their teacher, but they really liked working with me because I was young. I would simply often just be with them and hold them and play with them and do things with them, and it really gave me a sense of the importance of proper education for children. And I also studied with a Methodist minister the writings of Paul in the New Testament. So that was very interesting. And this man had done his doctoral thesis on Paul. So I learned a lot about all the epistles and the life of Saint Paul when I was a junior in high school.
           So we moved to Carbondale, and my senior year was not quite as eventful. I had to take all the requirements for graduation. But right after Easter of 1974, a friend whom I had known from a spiritual group that I had attended in the Chicago area called the Cosmic Circle of Fellowship, which studied the writings of William Ferguson, including a book titled, Relax First.
They did deal a little bit with going to other planets in your finer body while asleep and things like that.
           A gentlemen named Robert Reese introduced me to the teachings of the ascended masters through The Summit Lighthouse. He had been to an Easter conference in California, in Los Angeles, and he came back to the Chicago area, stopped in Carbondale, where I was living and sold me a copy of Climb the Highest Mountain. I started reading that after Easter in 1974. So I would take the bus from Boskydell to Carbondale to go to school, and I would read this book. And I was just in bliss because I had never read anything that resonated so true to me as these teachings. So my determination was to go to Summit University after I graduated from high school. Back then it was called Ascended Master University, AMU. So after high school I started working in an apple orchard to make money to go to SU. I tried to convince the owner of the orchard to grow everything organically and without chemical sprays, but he didn't go for it. I was quite an idealist.
           I earned the money to go. Actually, I should back up a little bit. My friend and I, Robert Reese, drove out to my first conference of The Summit Lighthouse. There was no Church Universal and Triumphant at that time. It was just The Summit Lighthouse. So we went to the Freedom Conference 1974 in Spokane. I took a train from Carbondale up to Chicago, met Robert, and we drove in his little car straight through to Wyoming and slept out under the stars in Wyoming and then drove the rest of the way to Spokane and attended that class. I had long hair, very long, blonde hair. It was probably halfway down my back. I never did any drugs in my life, but I was an idealist. I wanted to be like Jesus, so I had long hair.
           Well, I was one of the few people that had long hair at this event. And everybody was very nice. A lot of the women were wearing pastel colors and all this jewelry, and it
didn't quite resonate with me, all these people wearing jewelry. But the people were beautiful and the messages from the masters changed my life, and that conference was amazing. My first dictation was from the Maha Chohan. I will never forget it. And then Heros and Amora came, and it was a very powerful release. I felt the threefold flame in my heart just expanding and almost exploding. I felt so much love in my heart that I couldn't contain it. I walked out of that dictation and I was laughing—I was laughing for joy that I had found the masters and at the amount of love that they were sharing.
           So they were powerful dictations. The Keeper of the Scrolls said that only one-tenth of the people who had vowed to be at that conference had showed up. I was glad that I was one of them. The final dictation was from Archangel Michael. It was miraculous. He appeared in the sky above the auditorium. Spokane was the place where the World's Fair was that year. I guess that was the time when they had World's Fairs. And people saw this light displayed in the sky and they thought it was the aurora borealis, but it was a lot more. It was Archangel Michael and his legions. So some of you were there at that class and also recall it. It was amazing.
           So I worked that summer to earn my money for Summit University, but I went to the next Harvest conference, and then I went to Portals of Purity in San Francisco in 
early December. I worked on a riverboat when I was eighteen to earn money, and I finally made it—not to the fall quarter, the white-ray quarter, but to the green-ray quarter sponsored by Hilarion. So I attended Summit University for three months. It started on my nineteenth birthday. I wore a green suit that  belonged to my eldest brother. It was too big on me. The sleeves went down almost to my fingertips, but it was green, so I thought that was perfect. So when Mother greeted us for that quarter, we each told a little story—just our name, where we were from and something about ourselves. And I said I was from Carbondale. And she said, “Well, you know what comes out of carbon, don't you?” And I wasn't really thinking, and then somebody said, “diamonds.”  So I guess Mother considered me a diamond in the rough.
           I went to that quarter. At the end of the quarter, Saint Germain gave a dictation and said he desired to have teaching centers in Washington, D.C., and in Minneapolis. So I thought, “Oh wow. I'd like to go to Washington, D.C.” So I volunteered to go there. Mother interviewed each of us with a couple board members present. I think, as I recall, maybe James McCaffrey and Edward Francis and maybe even Monroe were there. And even though I volunteered to go to D.C., she said I had karma with a gentleman who was in my quarter named Irwin 
Arndt and that I should go to Minneapolis.
           I had to go home to Carbondale and get my things, so I stopped off there. I drove back to Carbondale with two other Keepers of the Flame from Santa Barbara, where I had gone 
to Summit University, and then I took a train up to Minneapolis. And I was one of the eight founders of the first official regional teaching center of Church Universal and Triumphant. So I helped found that teaching center with seven other devotees. I started my first job in Minneapolis driving a street sweeper. I would drive at night. I was on the graveyard shift from about 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., and I would do violet-flame prayers all night long as I was sweeping the streets of the suburbs of Minneapolis. And mostly we were street sweeping the big parking lots where people would park at the big malls.
           So that was an interesting experience. But I wanted to go to the Shasta class, and I was told that I couldn't come back to that job if I left because they had spent time training me, but I decided to go anyway. When I returned, I got a job at The Bookmen Inc., as a picker at this giant warehouse in downtown Minneapolis. So I'd take a bus from the teaching center, which was at 1205 Fifth Street SE in downtown Minneapolis, a big mansion that we had bought, and I would pick books. So I did that until one day James McCaffrey called up and invited me to join staff in Colorado Springs. I had made a two-year commitment to work at that teaching center. It was the standard commitment. You had to be there for at least two years, so I had signed that commitment. But he said, “Well, you've been there a year. We'd like to have you on staff.” So I gave two weeks' notice and I flew out to Colorado Springs, where the headquarters was, and I arrived there on Mother's birthday, April 8, 1976.
           So I served on staff for twenty-one years until changes occurred at the ranch and Mother was retiring and they downsized the staff. I stayed through the first downsizing of the staff, but then during the second downsizing, the job that I was offered just would not have worked out for my family and me. By that time I had one child, and it just would not have worked out, so I had to leave staff. However, Mother told us, all the permanent staff, that we were her staff forever.
           So I had my art gallery. I started an art business, and after I left staff, I really expanded that business in downtown Livingston. I had an art gallery at 223 South Main Street. I had that for about twelve years. I was called back onto staff to serve as the Keepers of the Flame manager, and I did that for about a year and a half. And then in 2004, in early June, I gave notice that I desired to leave that position and resolve whether I would actually sell my business and come back on staff, because I couldn't really do both things. I had been allowed to maintain my art gallery business while being on staff, which was very generous of the church at that time. And I would work two days or three days in my gallery, still doing church work on my computer as the Keepers manager,
and I would go down to the ranch two or three days a week. I would travel a lot. But I saw the problem with doing two things, and I really wanted to completely focus on my spiritual work.
           So I was deciding to leave staff in order to potentially sell my business and then come back on staff. Well, about two or three days after I gave notice, I had the mystical experience in Saint Mark's Church in Livingston, where during the singing of a song to Jesus and Kuthumi I went up into a samadhi state of beingness and the masters initiated me. And then the very next day I received the first HeartStream from Jesus in written form by pen.
           So many of you have heard the rest of the story already, but this gives a little snippet of my life. I did have a number of mystical experiences in my childhood. One time when I was eighteen years old, I decided to go on a fast for seven days. So I fasted on water. I had a little bit of honey at times in warm water. And by the end of that seven-day fast, I felt so close to Jesus that it was as if I was him. I felt a merging with his heart. So what I realized was that it was really the Christ of Jesus that I was merging with, not the man Jesus, per se. But I felt such a closeness to the heart of Jesus. I had read at that time, when I was a sophomore and junior in high school, The Essene Gospel of Peace, and I read two or three of those books. Those books spoke of a vegetarian diet, of eating raw foods, not cooked food, and of really focusing on cleansing your system through what could be termed enemas. And I really saw this as an opportunity for purification. So I was a vegetarian for about seven years, from the time I was about sixteen years old until twenty-three, when Mother told us that we should eat meat. And it was a real test to eat meat again.
           So we've come full circle. And, of course, I've recently talked about the fact that the ideal for us is to be vegetarians, although many people are in various stages of their own choices on diet. And so we don't condemn or in any way coerce anyone to do anything, but the standard that we want to set for this activity is to primarily have a vegetarian diet.
           Many of the mystical experiences that I had while I was serving on staff came as a result of my deep reverence for Mother Mary and communion with her Immaculate Heart. From the first time that I purchased the book My Soul Doth Magnify the Lord at the Harvest conference in 1974, for many, many years, for over three decades, I would do the rosary every day
And that was my primary devotional practice. I felt a very, very deep connection with Mother Mary's heart. I believe she is one of my sponsoring masters along with Manjushri and beloved El Morya. And without her assistance, love, support and nurturing, I would not be doing what I am doing today. Lanello also had a very high regard for the Blessed Mother, and I remember hearing that he said that if it were not for her, he would not have made it on his path either.
           By the grace of God, beginning in about 1998 I started writing music. My dad had donated a Steinway baby grand piano to the church when my parents moved from Carbondale to California to live close to the Church and serve on staff. I went to Summit University in January 1975, my mother went to Buddha's quarter in January '76, and my dad went to Jophiel and Christine and mighty Victory's quarter in January '77. 
So we went to SU a year apart over three consecutive years. We had this beautiful grand piano that was my grandparents' on my dad's side. But my dad didn't really want it to go just anywhere, so he donated it to the church and it was brought up to California. And then it was basically put in storage. So it was in storage for a number of years, and somehow it just showed up one day in the basement of the warehouse in Livingston where I worked at that time. And I asked and got permission for it to come back into our family so I could play it. So it was moved to our home in the Big Spur mobile home park, and that's when I started writing and composing music.
           I put out my first album called Psalms of Love in 1998, and I believe the second one was in 2000. So I believe all this music was inspired by Mother Mary. It's not really dramatic music that is of the depth of the classical music of the great masters, but it's very simple and devotional in nature. So we have used this music in The Hearts Center. And I have given full rights to The Hearts Center to utilize it without any compensation because it helps bring me into presence, and I believe it's indicative of the heart fires and of the heart-centeredness that are essential for us to understand as new-age aspirants.
           Shortly before the time that the masters contacted me and, in effect, initiated me toward the day that I would be doing this work for the Brotherhood, I was in love with God. My days were filled while I was working at my art gallery on Main Street with all kinds of mystical experiences that would occur—synchronicities, where spiritual people would come into my store.
            A long time ago—I believe it was about 1994—I had decided to be a Buddha, and I have spoken of this before, too. And so from that point on I studied Buddhism, I met people who were focused on Buddhism, who had really studied it in depth. 
And I made it my goal to be a Buddha. And at around that time, I also wrote a letter to the Karmic Board that I desired to balance a hundred percent of my karma. And so I worked and worked and worked, volunteered time at Saint Mark's Church, had my art gallery, did my music, had my family and did all that I could do to really balance my karma as quickly as possible to be able to be of greatest service to humanity.
           During the time just before this initiation with Jesus and Kuthumi occurred, I would go to Saint Mark's Church every morning. I had a key because I was on their board. And first I would do my rosary at home and my prayers at home, and then I would go to Saint Mark's and I would get out the big sword that was on the altar, and I would swing that sword, usually for forty-five minutes, doing thirty-six Astreas and twenty-four calls to the Great Divine Director. And I did this for many, many months. I would make calls on anything and everything I could think of. I would clear Livingston every day. I would go in a circle with the sword and name the lines of the clock and visualize the light going deep into the earth and high up into the atmosphere, clearing not only Livingston but Montana, America and the world. I was very intent on basically doing what Mother had done in demonstrating to us how we could use that sword to clear energies.
           So during this time, the amount of light flowing through my chakras on a daily basis was tremendous. I could feel the light of heaven descending through my crystal cord and going out in streams and rivers of light as a blessing to people and to family and anyone who I would pray for. Now, no one knew that I was doing this work but God. And on two occasions somebody came in the church early and saw me doing it. I would stop and then after they were done, I would move on. But our deepest spiritual work, in my opinion, is done in private. Even though we are a very public movement now and we have these services in the morning and we have our weekend services, our Meru classes, ultimately our deep, deep communion with God in the privacy of our own hearts, in our own homes is where I feel the most important spiritual work that we do occurs.
           So I'm telling you this only as an understanding, not because I want to be thought well of or to be thought great, but to show that when we love the masters, when we love God, and when we dedicate ourselves day after day, hour after hour to spiritual work, heaven listens. Heaven opens up and we are opened up to the inspiration of heaven, and we can have a direct communion with the masters. And so I believe that this is possible for everyone. Of course, I am no exception and Mother said she was no exception. So I believe that all of us are meant to do the greater works. All of us are meant to be messengers of whatever we came to this earth to do. And my mission is simply to help respark people to do what they were sent here to do, to reinvigorate them, especially people who had lost a certain amount of hope or faith as a result of the changes that were manifest in the church that many of us were involved in.
           So I was never one to criticize the leadership of the church. I was very supportive all those years. But when the time came for the masters to use me in a more direct way, I had to be obedient to what they were telling me, what my Higher Self was telling me, what I was being called to do rather than to an institution, an organization, a church, a movement. So I hope that for all of us we are first and foremost always true to our Higher Self, our mission, our purpose, regardless of what others around us say or think that we should be doing or what can at times be a certain amount of coercion from organizations and even from The Hearts Center.
           So I will say it straight and plainly, please do now allow this movement to become codified to the point where you feel trapped in any way from fulfilling your mission. The whole purpose of this mission is to free you to be who you are. And for that reason, we do not have membership, per se. We do not have dues. We do not have things for you to sign to say that, yes, this is exactly what you will be doing. Yes, there are
the Knights and Ladies, and that's the only kind of subgroup within this movement that we have for people who desire to support the messenger and each other in holy prayer. But it's not there to bind you or in any way to control you. It is there for your support, your upliftment and your God-benefit.
           So I could go into a lot more detail about a lot of my mystical experiences, but I think that this isn't necessarily essential for telling my story. I do feel that growing up in a large family brought certain initiations to the fore. It gave me an opportunity to rub elbows with many brothers and sisters, to work through various karmas that I may have had with individuals. I love my family. We are a very wonderful family. I think that I was graced to have such wonderful, loving parents, who now are both ascended. Both embraced this path, went to Summit University and volunteered for the church for many years—my mother in the file room, filing paper after paper after paper for probably a decade back at Camelot (not quite a decade but maybe eight to ten years); my dad volunteering in the AV department in audio, editing dictations and lectures. So my parents were exceptional people, and I am graced to have been a part of that family, and still a part of the family even though my parents have moved on.
           So I trust that what I've shared this morning will give some of you a little greater understanding of where I've come from and of my devotion to God, my desire to be of service, not to be thought of as a guru or really even a teacher, per se, but just as a friend and one through whom God can work to extend grace, harmony, mercy and love.

*Please note that the text of this recording has been edited very little in order to match the original audio recording as much as possible. David admits that the sharing of his life in this instance was not always chronologically sequential. At some future time The Hearts Center desires to share a more comprehensive biography of the messenger.

Copyright © 2012 The Hearts Center®. All rights reserved. We encourage you to share these messages with heartfriends throughout the world. With the approval of the messenger and/or the master, some of the spoken words may have been changed, or new words added, to provide greater clarity in the written word. Short excerpts may be quoted as long as full credit is given to the author. Contact us at Correspondence and contributions may be sent to P.O. Box 277, Livingston, Montana 59047 USA.