(Find specific brief biographies of key individuals, unascended and ascended masters, archangels, cosmic beings and Elohim in this color.)
- Afra: Afra, having ascended over 36,000 years ago, is the ascended master patron of Africa and represents unity and the true understanding of universal brotherhood.
- akasha: A Sanskrit term, Akasha is a dimension of energetic vibration capable of absorbing and archiving every activity—thought, word, action, feeling—of every sentient being from the beginning of time. Related term: Akashic record.
- akashic records: Derived from the Sanskrit term Akasha, meaning “sky, space, luminous, or ether,” they are the archives of every action—thought, word, desire, deed—that has occurred by every soul in physical embodiment since the beginning of time, accessible to those with highly developed sensitivity to the invisible world.
- alchemical: Alchemical means “transformational” in a mystical sense. See "alchemy."
- alchemy: Alchemy is a type of pre-chemistry used in medieval times for the transmutation of base metals into gold or silver. In its esoteric context, past and present, alchemy refers to the science of spiritual transformation. According to the teachings of the ascended masters, it is the process through which the base nature of the lesser self is transformed into the qualities of the Higher Self.
- All-Seeing Eye of God: The immaculate beholder of all Creation, the All-Seeing Eye is that aspect of God that sees all life from a unity field of beingness as perfect and inviolate in light. The Elohim Cylcopea outpictures God’s consciousness as the All-Seeing Eye.
- Alpha and Omega: Our Father-Mother God, Alpha and Omega, reside in the Great Central Sun in the center of the known, physical creation, or cosmos. As a uniplurality of being, they outpicture the perfect balance of the masculine and feminine polarities within the Godhead.
- amanuensis: An amanuensis is an unascended disciple who, due to spiritual preparation in current and past lifetimes, is able to receive from higher planes the communications of ascended beings, which he transcribes and delivers to a spiritual community for their edification. In ascended master movements of the 20th and 21st centuries, amanuenses have also been referred to as messengers.
- Amen Bey: Working closely with Serapis Bey within his etheric retreat over Luxor, Egypt, Amen Bey teaches classes on cosmic law, assists souls in their preparation for the ascension, and serves with his twin flame on behalf of youth and children. He also collaborates with angels of purity and the seraphim, and ministers to souls who have recently made their transition as a result of violence, murders, and terrorist attacks.
- animal magnetism: Gravitation into a lower level of awareness than that divinely ordained for the sons and daughters of God, who are destined to be co-creators is termed “animal magnetism.” It is a state in which one vibrates in consonance with a herd mentality within a group-soul consciousness, such as is commonly found in many animal species. Animal magnetism is that which pulls the consciousness of mankind down in a devolutionary spiral of darkness through a lack of Christic awareness.
- antahkarana: Often called “the web of life,” antahkarana is a light grid that interpenetrates all planes of consciousness from Spirit to matter, allowing a flow of communion to occur throughout the creation and between the Creator and the creation.
- Apollo and Lumina: Apollo and Lumina are the Elohim of the second ray, the ray of illumination. The color of the second ray is yellow.
- archangel: An archangel is the highest-ranking position in the order of angels.
- archeia: An archeia is a feminine archangel. Just as every soul has a twin flame, every archangel has an archeia. As an example, Mother Mary is an archeia on the ray of healing, the green ray. Her twin flame, also on the green ray, is Archangel Raphael. There are seven archangels and archeiai representing the seven rays, or the seven major aspects of God’s consciousness. These are depicted in the causal body rings surrounding our Solar Presence. For their specific colors, see Your Buddha Nature chart. There are also five crystal-ray archangels and archeiai, recently revealed through the dispensation of The Hearts Center. They ensoul streams of light through which the higher spiritual powers, virtues, and divine quintessences are manifested.
- Arcturus and Victoria: Arcturus and Victoria are the Elohim of the seventh ray, the ray of mercy, forgiveness and freedom. The color of the seventh ray is violet. See also Elohim.
- ascended masters: The ascended masters are the saints, teachers and sages of all religions and cultures who once walked upon this planet and other worlds. They are called ascended masters because they have gained mastery over the world in which we live, allowing them to return to the heart of God through the sacred ritual of the ascension. In the heaven world, they work together with the angels and cosmic beings to assist mankind in attaining that selfsame mastery.
- ascension: The ascension is complete liberation from the rounds of karma and rebirth. In the ascension process, the soul becomes merged with her Solar Presence, experiencing freedom from the gravitational, or karmic, pull of the Earth and entering God’s eternal Presence of divine love. Students of the ascended masters work toward their ascension by studying and internalizing the teachings, serving life, and invoking the light of God into their lives. Their goal as they walk the earth is the cultivation of a relationship with God that becomes more real, more vital with each passing day.
- ascension flame: The ascension flame evolves from the balancing, growing and acceleration of the threefold flame of love, wisdom and power—the divine spark within our hearts—located in the secret chamber of the heart. Through a coming into oneness with our Christ/Buddha nature in devotion to God and service to life, the balanced threefold flame first becomes the transfiguration flame then the resurrection flame, evolving into the resurrection spiral. And from the acceleration of the resurrection spiral, the ascension flame radiates as pure luminescent white light, encompassing the the individual and preparing the soul for the next step—the forming of the ascension spiral.
- ascension spiral: The ascension spiral is a swirling energy field of pure white light created from the ascension flame. The spiraling action prepares the soul for her imminent departure from the physical plane into permanent union with her Christ/Buddha Presence and Solar Presence.
- astral plane: A more subtle world or vibratory field of awareness between the physical and mental planes of being, within this plane desires, feelings, and emotions are accentuated. The physical plane relates to earth, the astral plane relates to water, the mental plane to air, and the etheric plane to fire. During sleep or heightened meditation, the soul may leave its “seat,” its local attachment to the body temple, to travel or project its awareness to, through, and beyond the astral plane to reach the more subtle etheric world where the universities of the Spirit exist within the retreats of the ascended masters around the world.
- Astrea: Astrea is the Elohim of the fourth ray of purity. We call to her daily to encircle and exorcise our beings using her circle of flame and her sword of flame—both blue in color. When we invoke the energy of the circle and sword, we envision the circle moving up and down our forms, cutting away, much like an electric saw, all that hinders us from being free, joyful, loving and productive. We can envision her sword as tall as our forms and standing parallel to our spines. The sword magnetizes all forms of negativity from the body, the emotions, the mind and the memory. This circle and sword action may encompass the smallest electron or encircle our entire planet and beyond. See Prayers and Songs for prayer 10.009, “Circle and Sword of Astrea.”
- Atmic level: This spiritual plane of existence, tantamount to our highest essential beingness, is the ineffable ultimate and disinterested state of perfect love and harmony.
- AUM: The term AUM, or OM, has its origin in the Hindu Vedas. It is the sacred sound of creation. The giving of the AUM facilitates the soul’s ability to come into oneness with her Solar Presence.
- aura: The aura is an energy field that radiates from the human body. The feelings, thoughts and actions of an individual affect the colorations and size of his or her aura.
- beingness: Beingness is perfect balance, a state of equilibrium; it is “when you are in alignment and your four lower bodies begin to sing with a new surety of blessedness. It is when “all comes into focus for you, blessed hearts, and your mission is revealed, day by day, and you know exactly where you must be, what you must do and how God may act through you on behalf of all life.” (Cuzco, Sept. 30, 2008). “Our proprietary formula for beingness is this: rest in presence by accepting your Buddha nature through joyous love-wisdom.” (Manjushri, Sept. 9, 2008). Cuzco said on Dec. 22, 2006: “Have you thought on the concept that where you walk, God is fully in manifestation? You, as a God-being, can be for the Earth an anchor point of God's awareness of himself in mater.” This, he said, is the “matrix of beingness.”
- Blavatsky, Madame Helena: Madame Helena Petrova Blavatsky (1831–1891), born into Russian aristocracy, was an occultist who possessed psychic abilities from early childhood. During a sojourn into Tibet, she was commissioned by certain masters to share occult knowledge with a larger body of students in the East and the West.
- bodhisattva: a bodhisattva (Sanskrit) is a being who, having reached the point of full liberation, vows to refrain from entering the highest levels of Nirvana or progressing to cosmic levels of existence in order to remain on the Earth to assist all sentient beings to become fully enlightened and reach their liberation. Some bodhisattvas like beloved Kuan Yin are ascended and others remain unascended, embodying upon the earth to serve mankind at a very physical level.
- body elemental: An invisible nature being and personal companion, approximately three feet tall, who resembles us in our early childhood at about four years of age. He/she lovingly tends to our bodies’ development in utero and beyond and to our physical and emotional needs during all of our lifetimes upon Earth. This devoted servant works closely with our guardian angel under the tutelage of our Holy Christ/Buddha Self to assist us in balancing the four elements within and maintaining peace and harmony without. Upon our ascension in the light, our body elemental is subsumed into the universal essence of the Holy Spirit, within its omnipresent awareness of divine love and givingness.
- Brahma: The Hindu god of creation, the first person of the Hindu trinity, Brahma is the creative aspect of the trimurti, the three forms of God: Brahma (creator), Vishnu (preserver) and Shiva (destroyer). Brahma is expressed in the Hindu Scriptures as the Father Principle, not to be confused with Brahman, the Supreme Cosmic Spirit of Creation.
- Buddha: Buddha (Sanskrit) is the title given to one who is an “awakened” being. A Buddha has attained eternal liberation from the rounds of rebirth and understands and lives the Truth. Buddhas, according to teachings delivered through The Hearts Center movement, are masters in the use of the Five Crystal Rays.
- Buddha Mother: Buddha Mother is a title for Elizabeth Clare Prophet first used in The Hearts Center movement in 2005 in recognition of her attainment of Buddhahood while still embodied. In a past life, Elizabeth Clare Prophet was Yeshe Tsogyal, consort and chief disciple of Padma Sambhava who imparted to her the inner mysteries of the Eastern path of Buddhism and gave her the title of Guru Ma in the late '70s.
- Buddhic nature: A fully awakened consciousness, the Buddhic nature is an eternally free, selflessly compassionate, flawlessly kind, and completely enlightened state of being; it is a pure understanding of Truth and the ability to live in Truth. “Buddha” means “awakened one” in Sanskrit.
- Buddhism: Consisting primarily of the teachings of Gautama Buddha, the “Awakened One,” Buddhism also embraces the teachings of other inspired Buddhas and disciples who followed in Gautama’s footsteps, codifying his message. Various branches of Buddhism extend from India and throughout Southeast Asia, all tracing their origins to Gautama’s experiential witness under the Bo Tree of the path of liberation.
- causal body: Our causal body, also called our virtue body, is composed of seven spheres-within-spheres of light surrounding our Solar Presence. In the Buddha Nature Chart depiction, the spheres are seen in cross-section, appearing as rings. These color spheres are the accumulation of every compassionate act that we have ever performed throughout our incarnations. Every person’s causal body, then, is unique in appearance with some spheres of larger size than others. We receive our energy, strength and inspiration from the light of our causal body through invocation and intention.
- chakra: Chakra is a Sanskrit term for “wheel” or “discus.” The chakras are spinning centers of energy that receive and emanate the flow of God’s light. They can also be called generating stations, or power stations, of light. There are seven main chakras aligned along the spinal column and head. The crown chakra is located at the top of the head, the third-eye chakra between and a bit above the physical eyes, the throat chakra at the Adam’s apple, the heart chakra in the middle of the chest, the solar plexus chakra in the diaphragm area, the seat-of-the-soul chakra below the navel, and the base chakra at the tip of the spine. Five lesser-known chakras, called the secret-ray chakras, are located in the thymus area, hands and feet.
- chela: From the Sanskrit word cela, meaning “servant” or “slave.” In Hinduism, the word refers to a disciple or student of a guru or spiritual master. The ascended masters often use this term to refer to their students.
- chohan: Chohan is a Sanskrit word for “chief” or “lord.” A chohan is a spiritual leader of great attainment who works with mankind from the ascended state. The seven chohans for the Earth currently are El Morya, Lanto, Paul the Venetian, Serapis Bey, Hilarion, Nada and Saint Germain—each serving on one of the seven rays.
- Christ/Buddha Self: The Christ/Buddha Self is the mediator connecting the soul to her Solar Presence as a step-down transformer. Through the great mercy of God, the Christ/Buddha Self—the Son of God, individualized for each person—allows the soul to understand to a greater degree, and relate to, her individualized Solar Presence.
- Clare de Lis: Clare de Lis is the ascended-master name of Elizabeth Clare Prophet, who in her final embodiment, with Mark L. Prophet, was the spiritual leader of The Summit Lighthouse and messenger for the ascended masters. She made her transition from this octave and ascended in October 2009. Her students affectionately refer to her as "Mother" and "Guru Ma."
- cosmic beings: Cosmic beings are individual identities that have attained cosmic consciousness. Their auric emanations have expanded to embrace not just one planet but often entire solar systems and galaxies. Some cosmic beings are given the title of “God” or “Goddess” to denote an attainment of celestial awareness, while focusing for vast evolutions one particular God-quality.
- cosmic clock: An Aquarian-Age science of spiritual astrology, the cosmic clock was taught by beloved Mother Mary to Elizabeth Clare Prophet in the early 1970s. Disciples on the path of the ascension may use this understanding of the law of cycles to chart the patterns of the return of both positive and negative personal and planetary karma to meet the challenges and opportunities of today. This cosmic clock teaching shares the deeper meaning of the 12 sun signs (solar hierarchies); their associated ascended master sponsors (to invoke for assistance); God-qualities to contemplate, absorb and master; colors to visualize; and anti-virtues (vices) to overcome through prayer, meditation and dynamic decrees. Disciples of the ascended masters learn to anticipate the astrological portents of coming cycles, consume the negatives and highlight the positives through the use of the violet transmuting flame in order to pass each spiritual initiation and master the psychology of the soul in the process. In The Hearts Center movement, the ascended masters have added an understanding of the superconscious, conscious, subconscious and unconscious selves as each relates to the cardinal (blue), fixed (pink) and mutable (yellow) aspects of the threefold flame. (El Morya and Mother Mary, November 2015.)
- crystal cord: The crystal, or silver, cord is the soul’s “lifeline” to the Creator in the same way our umbilical cord is our "lifeline" to our mother during the birth process. A stream of life-giving spiritual energy descends through this cord into our bodies, animating them by the power of the Holy Spirit. Clairvoyants may see this cord. And some individuals who have had near-death experiences remember being drawn back into their bodies by this slender thread of light.
- crystal rays: Spiritual frequencies beyond the seven rainbow rays in vibration that proceed from out of the white-fire core of being of the Great Causal Body of the Godhead in the Great Central Sun. Formerly known as the secret rays, these five light-energies are focalized in man within the sacred chakras in the palms, feet, and in the secret chamber of the heart, corresponding to the stigmata, the places where Jesus the Christ was pierced during his crucifixion. The crystal rays are streams of light through which the higher siddhis, Buddhic virtues, and divine quintessences are utilized in higher mindfulness through meditation and heart-centered, conscious living. Also see "five crystal rays."
- crystal-diamond tube of light: A cylinder of divine light, as illustrated in our Buddha Nature Chart, our Crystal-Diamond Tube of Light encompasses, protects and seals us in an energy field of inviolate perfection. This tube of shimmering radiance descends from our Solar Presence at our call. See prayers 0.001 and 0.005 in our Prayers, Decrees and Mantras book, for purchase in our online store and downloadable as separate prayers on our Prayers and Songs page.
- Cyclopea and Virginia: Elohim of the fifth ray of truth, healing, science and music, Cyclopea and Virginia are the progenitor of the music of the spheres, Cyclopea is also referred to as the All-Seeing-Eye of God. (See also Elohim.)
- darshan: A sacred experience of intimate communion with a live master, darshan often occurs in close proximity. It is the sharing of teaching through discourse and/or the answering of questions either by the presiding master or the devotees and by the radiation conveyed. Within The Hearts Center, the ascended masters desire aspirants to rise into their own Christic and Buddhic awareness to discern by the Holy Spirit the truths of higher gnosis through their own direct connection with their Presence, or Higher Self.
- deathless solar body: Also called the “seamless garment,” this spherical light body is woven around the soul aspiring to become one with her Buddha Nature. Its numberless threads are the result of the soul’s every virtuous act, loving thought and uplifting word throughout her embodiments. The deathless solar body prepares the soul for its graduation from Earth through the ascension process.
- decrees: These “power prayers” are spoken, poetic, rhythmic and often rhyming prayers or mantras that invoke the light of God to radiate throughout our beings and around the Earth. When repeated with devotion and focus, light intensifies within the chakras and aura of the decreer, producing positive change and planetary transformation. For a free listing of decrees and other prayer forms, click Prayers and Songs.
- devachan: Devachan is a plane of existence where souls may go after their transition to experience the fulfillment of certain desires that have preoccupied their energies and limited their spiritual progress. Once the soul has experienced Devachan, there sometimes is the realization that true fulfillment comes only in desiring oneness with her Creator. For that reason, souls remain in Devachan temporarily and in preparation for their next incarnation.
- devas: Nature spirit beings or archetypal elemental forces within nature that have a unique natal intelligence which guides the development of the nearly limitless species of life evolving on Earth, devas oversee the outpicturing of life forms in various domains according to the Creator’s original blueprint or seed ideation of those beings. Devas are often seen by those with inner vision as colorful, angel-like beings whose expansive awareness may embrace large valleys, mountain ranges, rivers, seas, and oceans. The more evolved solar devas live in the sun and support the evolution of life throughout the solar system.
- dharma: One’s sacred labor or duty to fulfill in life, dharma is one’s major life work and mission as part of a greater divine plan.
- dictation: A type of HeartStream, a dictation is a message from an ascended being delivered through a chosen messenger, an office of the Universal Great White Brotherhood, for the purpose of edifying the Community of The Holy Spirit. The message is usually delivered orally through the messenger but can also be written down by the messenger during transmission and then read aloud.
- discourse: A discourse is a type of HeartStream that is more conversational and informal in tone than a dictation. As opposed to a verbatim release, the messenger shares thoughts that are impressed upon him from the master, often speaking of the master in third person. Some discourses do not identify any specific master’s overshadowing, yet remain inspired messages from the heart of the messenger.
- dispensation: A dispensation, in a spiritual context, is a grant of light, an allotment of energy that the ascended masters secure for a person or community for the good of humanity. It must be approved by one or more councils in the heaven world, based on the nature of the request and what the proposal entails. It requires a promise of repayment in the form of greater spiritual growth, enlightenment, practical work and prayers from those to whom the dispensation is given. The ascended masters refer to the communities or activities through whom they work as “dispensations.”
- Divine Director: The Divine Director is a cosmic being on the blue ray, or first ray, of power, protection and the will of God. Known in his role as the Guru of Saint Germain, he is available to each child of God to assist, as his name attests, in guiding us to walk in the highest will of God. He is also the manu (progenitor, lawgiver, and sponsor) of the seventh root race and a member of the Great Karmic Board, which adjudicates divine justice in the affairs of mankind and in the individual lives of the sons and daughters of God.
- Divine Mother: The term Divine Mother is the title given to any feminine divine being. Religious traditions of East and West have worshiped the Divine Mother in their female saints and sages. Examples of more well-known Eastern Mothers are Kuan Yin, Tara, Sarasvati, Lakshmi, Durga, Radha and Kali; Mother Mary, Mother Teresa, Pallas Athena, Liberty, Isis and numerous female saints of the Catholic tradition are Divine Mothers of the West.
- divine spark: The eternal fire of the Creator individualized for every son and daughter of God within the secret chamber of the heart, the divine spark is also called the spirit-spark or the threefold flame. It is that essence that animates beingness and life itself.
- Djwal Kul: Djwal Kul, also called “Master D.K.” or “The Tibetan,” is known in esoteric circles for his embodiment as a Tibetan master and also as an ascended being who assists planetary evolution. He was introduced to a wider audience through the writings of Madame Helena Blavatsky, co-founder of the Theosophical Society. Elizabeth Clare Prophet, a messenger of the Great White Brotherhood, revealed that Djwal Kul had been embodied as one of the three wise men, named Caspar. Through The Summit Lighthouse and The Hearts Center, Djwal Kul has taught the importance of the holy breath and forms of breathing that promote spiritual and physical well-being and progress. To hear the entirety of Djwal Kul’s message on union with the God within, click Djwal Kul, February 18, 2008.
- Durga and Kali: Traditionally, two feminine Hindu deities who embody the Mother, or Shakti, energy of God, they are known to be slayers of demons and destroyers of evil. They both take on fierce forms and countenances when facing their enemies.
- dweller-on-the-threshold: Dweller-on-the-threshold is a term used to refer to the self-created conglomeration of misqualified energy. It is the result of the misuse of our individual free will over many lifetimes. This grid of energy, woven around the central core of our being over these lifetimes, has taken on an identity of its own and opposes the divine mission that we came to Earth to accomplish. It is sometimes called the anti-self or the not-self. Its intensity can be lessened and, ultimately, the entirety of its existence transmuted through prayer, meditation, purification and loving and selfless service to life.
- Eightfold rays: See ruby ray.
- Eighth ray: See ruby ray.
- El Morya: El Morya is the Lord of the First Ray, the ray of God’s will. Through his many embodiments—including the Biblical patriarch Abraham, the visionary King Arthur, the principled Thomas Becket, the renaissance Indian mogul Akbar, the stalwart St. Thomas Moore, and the sensitive and loyal Irish poet Thomas More—the soul of El Morya excelled in its tenacity to principle and obedience to the highest understanding of the will of God.
- electronic belt: The conglomerate of all negative karmic records, or misqualified energies, accumulated during a soul’s evolution over numerous lifetimes, the electronic belt can be seen within the aura by clairvoyants and adepts as a dark, negative vortex from just below the naval to beneath the feet, encasing the four lower bodies in a “belt” of astral substance.
- electronic body: Another name for our Higher Self or Solar Presence, which is composed of pure electronic energy and immaculate solar light.
- electronic essence: Another name for Solar Presence, our Electronic Essence is the living, glorious divinity of an individual.
- Electronic Presence: The living, light-projection of a master’s I AM God Presence, or Higher Self, over a soul in embodiment to assist that one in some way is the Electronic Presence of that master. A master may appear at numerous places at the same time in answer to multiple prayers and will manifest many Electronic Presences simultaneously.
- elemental kingdom: The elemental kingdom is composed of a hierarchy of guardian spirits, ranging from the mighty Elohim to the littlest sylph. These guardian spirits are responsible for the precipitation in form of the ideations and feelings of both God and man. It is one of the three kingdoms created by God—the other two being the kingdom of angels and the kingdom of man. Divided into four areas—earth, water, air and fire—the elemental kingdom has its directors and servants. For example, the earth elementals, known as gnomes, are under the direction of twin flame cosmic beings named Virgo and Pelleur.
- Earth—Virgo and Pelleur—gnomes
- Water—Neptune and Luara—undines
- Air—Aries and Thor—sylphs
- Fire—Oromasis and Diana—salamanders
elementals: See “nature spirits.”
- Elizabeth Clare Prophet: Elizabeth Clare Prophet served as a messenger of the Great White Brotherhood through The Summit Lighthouse organization, founded in 1958 by her husband, mentor and messenger of the Great White Brotherhood, Mark L Prophet. From 1961, when she first joined Mark in his work, until his ascension in 1973, they traveled the world delivering the teachings of the ascended masters. They published the Pearls of Wisdom and over seventy books on the teachings. From 1973 until her retirement in 1999, Elizabeth carried on the work as messenger and spiritual leader of The Summit Lighthouse and Church Universal and Triumphant. She continued to teach globally, to supervise Summit University sessions, direct quarterly conferences, create videos and musical audios, and publish books and magazines on the teachings of the ascended masters. She made her transition on October 15, 2009 and her ascension at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 17, 2009, delivering her first public HeartStream the following day. It was announced on October 24 that Elizabeth's ascended name is Clare de Lis. She has since released a series of 33 HeartStreams as well as other HeartStreams.
- Elohim: The Lords of Creation referred to in Genesis, the “Seven Spirits of God” in Revelation, and the “Morning Stars” in Job, the Elohim are beings of immense light and power who ensoul galaxies and universes. They are also known as the “Builders of Form” because they created the physical universe in which we live. Serving under the Elohim are the Four Hierarchs of the Elements and the entire elemental kingdom of gnomes, sylphs, salamanders and undines.
- Emerald Tablet: See “Hermes Trismegistus.”
- Essene Community: Its teachings and philosophy traced back to Persia, India, Tibet, China, Egypt, the Essene Community at Jesus’ time, observed the purest form of these ancient teachings. A spiritual community of the highest order, the Essenes farmed without slaves. They did not believe in social classes and shared all things communally. They studied astrology, astronomy and other sciences of the times. They rose before sunrise and honored the sun at dawn and dusk. They used herbs to help heal. Vegetarian in diet, they also did not partake of alcoholic beverages. Through their pure living they enjoyed a lifespan of 120 years in good health and strength. Jesus, Mary, Joseph, John the Beloved and John the Baptist were all members of the Essene Community. In past generations, Elijah and Elisha, embodiments of John the Baptist and Jesus, respectively, were also Essenes.
- etheric plane: The etheric plane is divided into two portions. The lower etheric overlaps denser planes called the mental, the astral and the physical. In the higher etheric, souls who have balanced a certain percentage of karma by devotion to God, consistent prayer lives and service to others reside between embodiments or in preparation for their ascension. In comparison to the physical plane, the etheric is so accelerated that it cannot be seen with the human eye. In this higher etheric plane, the records of mankind’s entire evolution can be accessed. These records are referred to as akasha or the akashic records. Levels of the higher etheric plane are where the ascended masters dwell, where their magnificent retreats and cities of light are located.
- ex cathedra: In the traditional sense of the word, ex cathedra denotes a pronouncement that originates from a seat of authority. In terms of the manner in which HeartStreams are received by a messenger, the ascended master’s presence comes upon the messenger as a fusion of the master’s chakras with the messenger’s chakras, allowing for a more authoritative and definitive release of the Word than if it had come through telepathic communication. An ex cathedra HeartStream is experienced by the messenger as the master speaking through his or her vocal chords.
- faithfield: This energy grid of blue crystalline light surrounds the soul whose trust in God and in the goodness of his will is strong. The Archeia Faith, twin flame of Archangel Michael, supports our creation of spiritual faithfields wherever and whenever we are engaged together in devotion to the one God.
- fallen angels: The fallen angels are those once pure and loving angelic beings who, through an act of rebellion in carrying out their assigned tasks, “fell” from their estate in the higher spheres of light and consciousness. To the present day, fallen angels work at cross purposes to the light and mankind’s solar evolution.
- First Cause: God, the Creator, First Principle, the All-in-all, the Great Initiator of All That Is are all synonymous terms for First Cause.
- five crystal rays: The five crystal rays, known previously as the "five secret rays" until new information about them was revealed through The Hearts Center dispensation, reside in dimensions beyond the Seven Rays. Some teachings place the crystal rays in vibration between the white and yellow causal body spheres. In fact, the crystal rays have a mysterious and multi-dimensional quality that may defy placement in a chart or diagram. The five crystal rays scintillate, sparkle and vibrate. The activation of the crystal rays causes a greater sensitivity in the consciousness of the student as the rays clear and spiritualize our auras and widen the crystal-cord connection between our Christ/Buddha Self and our souls. Although there is a primary focus of color for each crystal ray, it is best not to focus so much on the color as to allow the rays to work through us as they desire. In a darshan by Lord Maitreya from December 16, 2007, he tells us to “…move in their stream, which is the nature of the cosmos itself.” These rays become available to students whose purity, internal balance and love for God have been tested over time. The names of the archangels and archeiai of the five crystal rays, shared on November 28, 2007 by David C. Lewis, messenger for the Universal Great White Brotherhood for The Hearts Center, are listed here:
||Auriel and Alena (Alēn-ah)
||Celestel and Celena (Celēn-ah)
||Christiel and Christyla (Chrĭstē-lah)
||Soliel and Astrela (Astrā-lah)
||Virtuel and Vestrea (Vestrā-yah)
- Five Dhyani Buddhas: Celestial Buddhas that can be visualized in meditation, the Five Dhyani Buddhas are Vairochana, Akshobhya, Ratnasambhava, Amitabha, and Amoghasiddhi. Each represents different aspects of the enlightened consciousness. All are potent healers whose assistance and powers can be invoked to facilitate inner transformation.
- flowfield: A stream of light through which a continuous flow of divine radiance may be sustained, a flowfield typically results from the prayers, meditations and services offered by one or more devotees. It may become an ever-expanding reservoir of divine energy that can protect and bless our auras, both individually and collectively. Our auras may become a dynamic flowfield when we are aligned with God’s will, wisdom and love.
- fohatic energies: Transformative and powerful frequencies, fohatic energies are invoked from divine realms and transmitted through the voices of aspirants and adepts during short, energetic and focused fiats, commands or affirmations, often using the words, I AM, meaning the name of God.
- Four and Twenty Elders: Highly evolved spiritual beings, enlightened counselors, the Four and Twenty Elders sit in judgment on their own thrones before the Great Throne (Three-in-One) of Almighty God. Mentioned in the Book of Revelation, they adjudicate the destiny of the sons and daughters of God based on their love and applied faith or life works. Within our galaxy, the Elders rule at the Court of the Sacred Fire on the God-Star Sirius.
- four lower bodies: The four lower bodies are interpenetrating sheaths of consciousness that together form the monad, individual identity, we know as MAN (man, woman or child). They consist of the etheric (memory), mental (mind), emotional (feeling or astral), and physical bodies through which the soul (psyche) exeriences life and evlolves in time and space until it is reunited with its Divine Presence in the ascension in the light. The three higher bodies—the Holy Christ/Buddha Self, the Solar (I AM) Presence and the causal body—exist beyond the matter planes in the rarefied dimensions of Spirit.
- Fourteen Ascended Masters Who Govern the Destiny of America: These masters hold offices of light on Sirius, the God Star. They overshine sponsored spiritual leaders who have been chosen to help found and direct the advancement of God-government in the United States of America. When asked for their names during a recent darshan, Saint Germain declined to reveal them.
- Fourth Root Race: A term for the fourth in a series of lifewaves, or vast evolutions (millions) of souls, the Fourth Root Race incarnated over a 14,000-year period upon Earth. The first three root races maintained their connection with God, fulfilled their divine plan and ascended at the close of their epic lives. Souls of the Fourth Root Race descended from the etheric into the physical plane after the “Great Fall” and have been reincarnating upon Earth ever since, along with the fifth, sixth and now seventh root races.
- Gabriel and Hope: They are the archangel and archeia of the fourth ray, the white ray of purity, holiness, and the light of the ascension.
- gnosis: Direct knowledge through personal experience, gnosis is true, enlightened wisdom through intimate communion with God rather than by a vicarious experience through an intermediary.
- Goddess of Beauty: The Goddess of Beauty is the title of the Ascended Lady Master Ruth Hawkins, twin flame of Paul the Venetian. Having recently ascended in the 20th century, she is remembered for her love of beauty and her great artistic talent as an oil painter.
- Goddess of Liberty: A member of the Karmic Board, she represents the yellow ray of illumination and wisdom, and holds high her torch of liberty for Earth’s evolutions. Her retreat, the Temple of the Sun, is located in the etheric plane over Manhattan’s New York Harbor, where her iconic statue and image reside. She welcomes immigrants from around the world to America, holding the book of the law, representing the Word of God.
- Goddess of Light, Queen of Light, and Goddess of Purity: These three cosmic beings serve on the white ray of wholeness, purity, and the ascension light. They often collaborate to initiate spirals of oneness and beingness to assist spiritual aspirants on their path to the ascension.
- golden age/golden-crystal age: It is an age of wholeness, peace and harmony upon Earth when a majority of mankind lives together in brotherly love and unity and in service to God and man. Educational, religious, scientific and governmental institutions elevate and serve its citizenry. Music and the arts rise to new heights of sublime beauty and perfection. Nature is unmarred by any form of blight, environmental pollution or violent weather condition. Climates are consistently moderate with the precise precipitation needed to grow delectable fruits, grains, vegetables, lush flora and healing herbs. There is a lessening of disease and lifespans increase. Pure solar power and the use of spiritual science techniques have advanced technology at every level. And nature spirits, angels and ascended beings walk and talk with us daily in full view. Heaven in great measure is integrated with Earth in this golden-crystal age of Aquarius.
- golden-pink ray (or golden-pink glow ray): This crystal (secret) ray is a peach color and manifests primarily through the secret chamber of the heart of ascended beings and advanced disciples of light on Earth. The Maha Chohan (Great Lord) expresses an accelerated action of this color through his heart on behalf of all Earth’s evolutions. This ray provides an entrée point for disciples to access the path of the bodhisattvas and the Buddhas through the mastery of love-wisdom—pink representing the virtue of love, and gold representing the virtue of wisdom. In combination, Helios and Vesta, and now the God and Goddess Meru, express this same ray, with Helios and the God Meru focusing the gold, and Vesta and the Goddess Meru focusing the pink aspect of this crystal ray. Mother Mary also expresses this beautiful peach color through her magnificent immaculate heart, having been personally trained by Lady Vesta before incarnating upon Earth to fulfill her mission. Her preparation for that mission to bear the seed of the living Christ spanned a few lifetimes, culminating in her role as the mother of beloved Jesus.
- Great Central Sun: The Source, The Center, The Great Hub, The Cosmic Sun behind the Sun are all other terms for the Great Central Sun—a massive energy vortex in the heart center of the cosmos and the nucleus from which all life originated. Sirius is the focus of the Great Central Sun in our section of our galaxy.
- Great Central Sun Magnet: The Great Central Sun Magnet “is not so much physical in the sense that you are physical, but it is a cosmic compass, a fire enfolding itself.” It emanates “such love that all is drawn into it by the power of its focus and purity.” You can become any virtue and many virtues through repolarization with the Great Central Sun Magnet. “Like attracts like, and so what the Great Central Sun Magnet attracts is the God-fire within you, drawing you unto itself as you hold within your being your own magnet of pure love.” (Sections excerpted from a darshan with the Maha Chohan on June 1, 2008.)
- Great Divine Director: See Divine Director.
- Great Silent Watchers: Cosmic beings who represent the pure virtues of the Spirit, the Great Silent Watchers are available to inspire souls in embodiment by ensouling perfect vision for many who have temporarily lost the long-term visionary aspects of their own Higher Self. The Great Silent Watchers, through their All-Seeing-Eye ability, behold all in perfection. They are, by their meditation, in a perfect state of silence, allowing the Mother of All Life, the Perfect Seer, the Beholder, to create the worlds, and life itself. Through the awareness of the Great Silent Watchers streams consciousness in all of its beauty, wrapping its light-energy around the creation itself.
- great solar aura: The causal body, or greater auric field, composed of beautiful colored spheres is the great solar aura of our Solar Presence. See the Buddha Nature Chart for a colorful representation.
- Great White Brotherhood: The Great White Brotherhood, also referred to as the Universal White Brotherhood and the Universal Great White Brotherhood, is an association of saints and sages from all paths and religions. This Brotherhood includes angels and cosmic beings as well. “It is the authority and governing body that represents the Godhead in this system of worlds.”* Many members of the Great White Brotherhood had walked the Earth or other planets in our system. Some individuals who are currently embodied have earned the right, even from this unascended state, because of their great service and devotion, to be considered among the ranks of the Great White Brotherhood. Still other members have never entered the rounds of rebirth, residing in etheric octaves. White makes no reference to race but to the purity of each member. The purpose of the Great White Brotherhood is the upliftment of mankind so that each individual may attain that selfsame mastery and the ultimate joy of divine reunion through the ascension.
(*Excerpted from a darshan with the Maha Chohan, June 1, 2008.)
- heartfriend: An individual who has been drawn to the universal message of The Hearts Center and the radiance of the ascended masters through our HeartStreams, we call a heartfriend, a term coined by the ascended masters themselves. And any and all who serve God’s purposes on earth we joyfully consider heartfriends also, whether they are a part of our movement or not.
- Hearts Center, The: The Hearts Center is a dynamic worldwide movement of spiritual seekers, joyously growing in personal self-mastery. We offer up-to-the-minute teachings and inspiration from the ascended masters released through David Christopher Lewis. Our community is composed of heartfriends whose mission is to sustain the balance of light upon the Earth by first realizing personal enlightenment through each one’s own God Source, or Presence. With the ascended masters as our elder brothers and sisters on the path and as godly examples of selfless living, each of us has an opportunity to advance in personal discipleship toward the goal of the ascension through advanced studies of the wisdom teachings and in service to life through loving acts of mercy and compassion. We are tied together by our love for God and the God-flame within each one. We meditate and pray. We breathe spiritual fire. We dance and sing. We gaze at the morning sun and feel its radiance. We live for the light.
- Heartsharing: A term coined by the ascended masters through The Hearts Center, heartsharing is spiritual outreach fueled by compassionate joy. It is also the sharing among heartfriends of their inspired knowledge and creativity.
- heartstreaming: Heartstreaming is a practice that brings about a shift in consciousness, moving us from seeking the best mental models and ideas for problem-solving or creativity to magnetizing inspired solutions that await our discovery. Heartstreaming comes naturally when there has been a cultivation of the heart, an ongoing spiritualization of the heart. The heart is our bridge to the subtle world of Spirit. Heartstreaming works with groups as well as individuals, with the young as well as those of all ages.
- HeartStreams: HeartStreams are up-to-the-minute messages from the ascended masters through their anointed messengers in The Hearts Center movement. They may come in the form of dictation, discourse or darshan. These messages vibrate with the masters’ love and wisdom and anchor light in the Earth as they are being delivered and when they are replayed in audio or video format. They teach, exhort, bless, uplift and direct us in specific actions needed to assist not only ourselves but our planet.
- Helios and Vesta: Cosmic beings who for eons ensouled the sun as the Father-Mother presence for our solar system, Helios and Vesta emanate their golden radiance upon all sentient life. On December 21, 2012, Helios and Vesta moved to a higher spiritual office, replaced by the God and Goddess Meru. This shift is felt as dynamic changes within our own beings and throughout our planet and solar system.
- Hermes Trismegistus: Also known as the God Mercury, Hermes Trismegistus was a great philosopher, priest, and king in antiquity. He also wrote alchemical and astrological works as well as other sacred texts. Trismegistus means “thrice greatest.” In his History of Chemistry, James Campbell Brown writes, “A series of early Egyptian books is attributed to Hermes Trismegistus, who may have been a real savant, or may be a personification of a long succession of writers.... He is identified by some with the Greek god Hermes, the Roman god Mercury, and the Egyptian Thoth.... The Egyptians regarded him as the god of wisdom, letters, and the recording of time.” The Emerald Tablet became known to European alchemists when it was translated from Arabic into Latin during the twelfth century. The work is attributed in the text to Hermes Trismegistus; however, its origin remains unknown. Within it is the axiom, “That which is above is from that which is below, and that which is below is from that which is above, working the miracles of one.” (http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/emer-ald.htm, The Kybalion: A Study of the Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece by Three Initiates (Chicago: Yogi Publication Society, 1908, 1940). A source of Hermetic principles and teaching can be found at http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.php.)
- Heros and Amora: Elohim of the third ray of divine love, beauty, compassion, and creativity. Their retreat is in the etheric retreat over Winnepeg, Canada. See also Elohim.
- higher bodies: The three higher bodies of man are the Holy Christ/Buddha Self, the Solar Presence and the Causal Body. See “Buddha Nature Chart.”
- Higher Consciousness: Higher Consciousness, or Higher Self, describes a part of being that is an expansion and refinement of human awareness into a divine awareness of what is real on every plane of existence. In the ascended master tradition, Higher Consciousness allows us to perceive individualized manifestations of God—from our Father-Mother God, Alpha and Omega, to beings of the Elohimic and angelic kingdoms; from every ascended master to the elementals. Through communion with these various manifestations of God, we experience the loving relationships for which our souls hunger, and we are nurtured toward spiritual growth.
- Higher Self: See Higher Consciousness.
- Hilarion: Hilarion, who was embodied as the Apostle Paul, is the Lord of the Fifth Ray of healing, abundance and truth. The fifth ray vibration is the color emerald green.
- Holy Christ/Buddha Self: The mediator between our Higher Self (our I AM/God/Solar Presence), which exists in a perfect state of divine and immortal beingness, and our soul, which is still evolving within time and space upon Earth. Also known as the Higher Mental Body, this light-essence of our Self-realized individuality is our true inner teacher and the source of our conscience—the still small voice that guides us inward and upward to our ascension. While yet in incarnation on Earth, many great teachers, such as Gautama Buddha, Jesus, Mother Mary, Krishna, and Kuan Yin, gained full Self-mastery through gnosis, or complete knowledge, of their Source and thus expressed the ideals of the mediator to mankind.
- Holy Family: In the Roman Catholic tradition the Holy Family is comprised of the Virgin Mary, Saint Joseph and Jesus Christ. In recent teachings, revealed through The Hearts Center movement, the term Holy Family can mean the living presence within the heart of the Divine Mother, Father, Son, Daughter and Holy Spirit.
- Holy Spirit: An aspect and person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit is the Great Unifier of the body of God on Earth. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, the Comforter. Through the Holy Spirit, balance between heaven and earth is maintained. The Holy Spirit is the presence of God among men. The Holy Spirit is in the air we breathe and it is the threefold flame within our hearts. The light, as the seven rays and the five crystal rays, that descends through the crystal cord, accelerating every chakra of the body, is the Holy Spirit in varying vibrations. This Spirit beats our hearts. This Spirit is life.
- I AM Presence: See Solar Presence.
- I AM THAT I AM: The name of God in the English language, as given to Moses on Mount Horeb, (Exodus 3:14) is also synonymous with the terms: the Creator, the Source, the All-in-all, the I AM Presence in the Great Central Sun.
- immaculate concept: The immaculate concept describes a consciousness that sees and believes only perfection of a person or situation. It is a consciousness that refuses to denigrate or gossip, to criticize or judge, to blame or shame. Picture-perfect presence, a recent term shared by the ascended masters through The Hearts Center, is another way of expressing this concept. The immaculate concept is what God holds for each individual. The term immaculate concept and the teaching explaining it were given by Mother Mary to her devotees in the ’90s through the messenger Elizabeth Clare Prophet. In the Buddhist tradition this concept is called absolute bodhichitta.
- inner sight: Inner sight is a gift of the Holy Spirit that allows individuals to see beyond the physical plane into other planes of existence. In Eastern tradition, the activation of inner sight is referred to as the opening of the third-eye chakra.
- Jar-El-Um: The guardian angel and sponsor of families everywhere, Jar-El-Um watched over the Holy Family from the time of Jesus’ birth, their flight into Egypt, their return to Galilee and beyond, sustaining, guiding and protecting them unto the fulfilment of Jesus’ mission. See Jar-El-Um’s HeartStream of July 11, 2006 in our HeartStream database.
- jewels, spiritual: Ascended masters acquire precious gems and jewels as gifts and rewards for service during their lifetimes and as they continue to serve in heaven. These gems can then be used by the master to assist spiritual communities with projects that benefit mankind.
- K-17: The code name for the ascended master who oversees the Cosmic Secret Service, K-17 works to protect the God-flame of individuals and families, the destiny of all nations, and the divine plan for the Earth. His legions work closely with mankind in the physical octave, exposing and combating forces of darkness, and assisting mankind to discern truth and the highest road toward freedom, enlightenment, and victory. K-17 wields a protective flowfield of sacred fire known as the “ring-pass-not” around those who work with him in service to the light. He instructs mankind in the use of the cloak of invisibility for protection. He can move in any dimension and be where required in a flash! He can appear in whatever form required to be an observer and a communicator to assist the Great White Brotherhood with Earth’s divine plan.
- Kali: Traditionally, a feminine Hindu deity who embodies the Mother, or Shakti, energy of God. Known to be a slayer of demons and destroyer of evil, she takes on fierce forms and countenances when facing her enemies.
- Kali Yuga: A Sanskrit term meaning “age of strife, age of vice,” the Kali Yuga denotes the final and most conflict-ridden and morally decadent of the four yugas, or world ages, as described in the Hindu scriptures.
- karma: In Hinduism and Buddhism, karma is defined simply as “an action.” This action returns to the doorstep of its creator without fail either in this life or future embodiments. Harmless and compassionate actions bring blessing to the originator. Self-centered and thoughtless actions bring their painful lessons so that through experience we may learn the effect of all that we think, say and do.
- Karmic Board: The Karmic Board, also known as the Lords of Karma, is a heavenly council that deliberates upon ways and means to best assist the citizens of Earth in terms of dealing with the weight of karmic burden imposed upon this planet by its inhabitants. The members of the Karmic Board are the Great Divine Director, the Goddess of Liberty, Nada, Cyclopea, Pallas Athena, Portia, Kuan Yin and Vairochana.
- Keeper of the Scrolls: The Keeper of the Scrolls is a divine being responsible for maintaining the akashic records, or book of life of the evolutions of our planet, solar system, and galaxy. This cosmic compendium of all that has transpired throughout vast eons of divine time occurs through the recording of every ideation, thought, feeling, word, and deed upon a subtle spiritual substance that interpenetrates the cosmos—our space-time continuum. These impressions are duly noted and immaculately etched in etheric ink by recording angels, who work with amazing care, infinite speed, and perfect memory, akin to the best court recorders of today.
- Keepers of the Lighting: The Keepers of the Lightning is an inner spiritual holy order of initiates who are focused on receiving and anchoring the accelerated frequencies of divine light that manifest in a more concentrated and intense manner than the sacred fire utilized by most spiritual aspirants. These apostles of divine ruby love are disciplined in their spiritual practices of meditation, holy prayer, chanting, and singing to the extent that they draw down from heaven the five crystal rays, which focus the Buddhic virtues and divine quintessences of Spirit. They sustain the graces of God within their being through regular fasting and other spiritual cleansing practices as modeled by the Essenes, and they follow the path of the bodhisattvas of mercy and compassion, East and West. They commune and work directly with the ascended masters of the Universal (Great) White Brotherhood and seek to utilize the gifts of the Holy Spirit in their lives to save, teach, love, cleanse, heal, serve, free, grace, bless and raise all lifestreams for the fulfillment of God's Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven—as above, so below—and for a golden-crystal age of enlightenment, freedom, and true brother/sisterhood to dawn upon Earth. They work with their personal sponsoring masters to fulfill the requirements for their ascension in the light and to set all life free through the ruby ray path of service, selflessness, sacrifice and surrender. The Holy Order of the Keepers of the Lightning is sponsored by beloved El Morya, the Blessed Maha Chohan, Zarathustra, Mighty Victory, and the Elohim Hercules. Songs and prayers to these divine beings help to focus the lightning of God's will, wisdom and love into the Earth in a most tangible way. (David C. Lewis, Feb. 19, 2018)
- Knights and Ladies of the Flame: Initiates serving at a spiritual Round Table within a holy order that is part of the greater Hearts Center Community worldwide, through daily prayers and invocations, Knights and Ladies of the Flame are the primary spiritual support of the messenger (spiritual director), other knights and ladies, the council and various project teams of The Hearts Center, and lightbearers worldwide. Each member serves on a line of the cosmic clock based on his or her astrological birth sign. As spiritual co-equals, knights and ladies uphold the motto, “All for One and One for All.”
- Kuan Yin: Known as the Mother of Mercy in the East, Kuan Yin has been worshipped by Buddhists for thousands of years. She is the greatest of Bodhisattvas and embodies the totality of compassion for humanity.
- kundalini: Kundalini power, also called the sacred fire, is an aspect of the indwelling Holy Spirit of God. The kundalini rests in coils of dynamic potential in the base-of-the-spine chakra. The practice of yoga and the offering of prayers and devotion to the Divine Feminine gently raise this energy up the spinal altar, accelerating each of the seven chakras as it travels to the crown. The raising of the kundalini allows the soul access to the siddhis, or gifts of the Holy Spirit, and also brings a greater degree of integration and mastery to the soul.
- Kuthumi: Kuthumi is an ascended master who serves on the yellow ray of illumination. He was embodied as Saint Francis of Assisi. A master psychologist, Kuthumi’s assistance may be invoked as we work on the subconscious as well as conscious patterns of behavior that limit our ability to experience our true nature as compassionate servants to life. He serves now as World Teacher with Jesus.
- Lanello: The ascended name of Mark L. Prophet, Lanello, is a combination of his names in two previous embodiments—Lancelot and Longfellow. Mark served as a messenger of the Great White Brotherhood in the United States from 1958 to 1973. He founded The Summit Lighthouse in Washington, D.C. in 1958 as a vehicle for disseminating the teachings of the ascended masters. With his twin flame, Elizabeth Clare Prophet, he worked from 1961 to his transition and ascension in early 1973. After Mark’s ascension, Elizabeth continued as messenger until her retirement in 1999. She made her transition in 2009 and her ascension soon after on October 18 of that year. Her ascended name is Lady Master Clare de Lis. Lanello and Clare de Lis serve as two of the seven sponsoring masters of The Hearts Center movement and regularly deliver messages for the edification of our community and the Earth through their amanuensis David Christopher Lewis.
- law of correspondence: A Hermetic teaching, the law of correspondence is rooted in the Vedas—as Above, so below. The “Above” can be termed the macrocosm; the “below,” the microcosm. Everything in the physical universe has its reality in the spiritual universe. Within one lies the other. And through understanding of one, we understand the other. In addition, it is the law stating that things equal to the same thing are equal to each other. When we are one with God, we are God in manifestation.
- L-fields: “Electrical patterns of life,” “fields of life” are other terms for L-fields. These terms were invented by Dr. Harold Saxton Burr, Ph.D., of Yale University School of Medicine to explain that all life is molded and controlled by electrodynamic fields, measurable using standard voltmeters. These fields are the basic blueprints of all life on this planet. Dr. Burr believed that since measurements of L-field voltages could reveal physical and mental conditions, health practitioners could use them to diagnose illness before symptoms develop.
- Leto, Lady Master: “Mother of love and science and the understanding of cosmic illumination, soul travel and spiritual work in the laboratory of life,” as she described herself in her HeartStream on Sept. 25, 2005, Ascended Lady Master Leto is renowned for her expertise in instructing her students on Earth in the sacred art of leaving the body form during sleep to experience teaching, healing and to offer service to souls in the astral plane. She promises that when we reach a point of purity of consciousness, we will bring back, upon awakening, the memory of all that we experienced in our soul travel to heaven. You may give Leto’s Evening Meditation to prepare your soul for its heavenly flight. Prayer 50.006, “Leto’s Light,” is included in the meditation. The melody to "The Heather on the Hill" is Lady Master Leto's keynote.
- lifestream: Lifestream is another term for “soul” or “individual.” The word lifestream also describes the light that descends from the Solar Presence through the Holy Christ/Buddha Self and to and through the chakras of the incarnate soul to animate the physical form.
- lightbearer: One who keeps the flame or bears the light of God, the light of the Divine Presence, within the heart, a lightbearer keeps the spiritual oils within the chakras trimmed. (See the Parable of the Ten Virgins, Matthew 25:1–3 for Jesus’ teachings on tending the fire within.)
- Logos: According to Greek philosophy, Logos is the guiding principle of the universe. In Hindu teachings, Shakti, a synonymn for Logos, means “original knowledge or divine reason.” It is the creative and dynamic intelligence that permeates and helps to sustain the universe. Synonymns: The WORD, the Universal Christ Consciousness.
- Lord of the World: Chief executive officer or divine governor who holds the highest spiritual office for planet Earth, since 1956 this seat of authority has been held by Gautama Buddha. His responsibility in this role is to hold the entire Earth in his enormous aura of protection and nurturance. A filament of light ties his heart to the heart of every person on Earth. This office was previously held by Sanat Kumara, now the Regent Lord of the World.
- Lord Zadkiel and Holy Amethyst: Twin-flame archangels serving on the seventh ray for this planet, their ray embodies the virtues of mercy, forgiveness and freedom.
- Lords of Karma (Karmic Board): A heavenly council that deliberates upon ways and means to best assist the citizens of Earth, the Lords of Karma deal with the weight of karmic burden imposed upon this planet by its inhabitants.
- Lords of the Seven Rays: Chosen because of their exemplary ability to embody a specific quality over many lifetimes, the Lords of the Seven Rays are ascended masters who have each been appointed to uphold and emanate that quality for a cycle of time for all mankind. Each quality vibrates at a certain color frequency, represented by the rainbow-like rays surrounding the Solar Presence. These rays focus for the Earth the seven qualities, blessing mankind and helping all to make progress in their mastery of each ray.
- Blue—El Morya, Lord of the First Ray: will, faith, protection and power
- Yellow—Lanto, Lord of the Second Ray: wisdom and understanding
- Pink—Paul the Venetian, Lord of the Third Ray: divine love and compassion
- White—Serapis Bey, Lord of the Fourth Ray: purity and holiness
- Green—Hilarion, Lord of the Fifth Ray: wholeness and abundance
- Purple and gold—Nada, Lord of the Sixth Ray: service to life
- Violet—Saint Germain, Lord of the Seventh Ray: forgiveness, mercy and soul-freedom
- Luxor: Serapis Bey’s retreat, Luxor is located in the etheric plane over Luxor, Egypt, where an ancient mystery school once resided. It is also the location from which many souls make their ascension, complete liberation from the rounds of karma and rebirth.
- Maha Chohan: The Maha Chohan, meaning the “Great Lord,” is the representative of the Holy Spirit to the Earth. It is his work to assist mankind to contact the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth.
- Maitreya: Serving currently as the representative of the Cosmic Christ to Earth and called in ascended master tradition “The Coming Buddha Who Has Come,” Maitreya is the embodiment of compassion. He is also called “The Great Initiator” as he puts students on the path of the ascension through their paces in order to accelerate their service to God and man. He is the one referred to by Jesus during his Galilean ministry as the “heavenly Father.” In recent HeartStreams, Jesus refers to Maitreya as his Guru. Maitreya descended to Earth with Jesus and other compassionate beings from Venus many eons ago in support of a rescue mission initiated by Lord Sanat Kumara.
- manu: A cosmic being who guides, encourages and inspires a root race, a manu is the ideal leader whom millions of souls aspire to emulate on their path to their ascension. The Great Divine Director is the Manu of the Seventh Root Race.
- manvantaric: the adjective form of the Sanskrit term, manvantara it pertains to one of the fourteen intervals comprising the life-cycle of a world system. One life cycle is as one inbreath and outbreath of the Creator. After these fourteen intervals have been completed, there is a time of rest. Then the process begins anew.
- Mark L. Prophet: Mark L. Prophet was a messenger of the Great White Brotherhood from 1958 to 1973. He delivered and published messages from the ascended masters called the Pearls of Wisdom through The Summit Lighthouse organization, which he had founded in Washington, D.C. in 1958. Mark and his twin flame, Elizabeth Clare Prophet, worked together for the Brotherhood from 1961 to his transition and ascension in 1973, traveling the world, introducing tens of thousands to their I AM Presence and the application of the violet flame. They held quarterly conferences and published over seventy books of ascended master teachings.
- Mary Magdalene: Mary Magdalene was one of Jesus’ chief disciples, instrumental in his mission in the Middle East during his final embodiment. She came from a wealthy family and helped financially support his work. Mary Magdalene was Jesus’ twin flame, and Jesus tells us that they recognized this relationship. The wedding at Cana where Jesus performed his first public miracle was their marriage celebration. Jesus describes their relationship referring to her as “my beloved consort Magdalene, who truly was the very reflection of myself in form; and we did walk and talk together and wed in the true spirit of divine love that we both bore on behalf of all whom we served....” (Jesus, May 17. 2007) After her embodiment in the 20th century as a Christian evangelist and healer, Aimee Semple McPherson, the soul of Mary Magdalene made her ascension in 1944. Her ascended master name is Magda. Magda embodied in her lifetime as Mary Magdalene complete devotion to the Christ. As Sister Aimee her profound love for Jesus continued as she sacrificed all to be the servant of the Christ. Mary Magdalene is regarded as a saint in the Catholic Church. Her Feast day is July 22.
- Master K.H.: See Kuthumi.
- Maxin light: The unfed, eternal flame that resides on the central altar of God in the Great Central Sun and also in all etheric retreats of the Universal Great White Brotherhood. A facsimile of this flame burns within us within the crystal (or secret) chamber of our hearts as our individualized threefold flame, akin to the fleur-de-lis, colored in blue, yellow, and pink, and focusing divine power, wisdom and love.
- maya: A veil of illusion or darkness, maya hides from mortal eyes the reality of the Spirit and of higher, celestial octaves of light. The physical world that is perceived by our outer senses clouds the consciousness that is caught in duality and separation from God. It is a Sanskrit term meaning “unreality, impermanence, duality.”
- Melchizedek: In Genesis 14, it is recorded that Abraham brought tithes to Melchizedek, King of Salem, and received his blessing. There is no record of Melchizedek’s lineage in the Bible. What the ascended masters share is that Melchizedek is a cosmic high priest, originator of the ancient and holy Order of the Priesthood of Melchizedek, with a spiritual lineage including Sanat Kumara, Gautama Buddha, Maitreya, Jesus the Christ, John the Baptist, Padma Sambhava, Saint Germain, Elizabeth Clare Prophet (Clare de Lis), Mark L. Prophet (Lanello), Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov, Peter Deunov, and other great servitors of the light. This priesthood has come to raise mankind into a higher understanding of the true path of the ruby ray. (Melchizedek, Aug. 12, 2005)
- Meru University: The educational branch of The Hearts Center, Meru University supports the advancement of spiritual seekers on the path of adeptship, initiation, and personal enlightenment through the love-wisdom teachings of the ascended masters presented in courses, workshops, seminars, and publications. The wide spectrum of live and on-demand courses offers living teachings from the ascended masters and are designed to help students attune to and merge with their Divine Presence.
- messenger: A messenger is an unascended disciple who, due to spiritual preparation in current and past lifetimes, is able to receive from higher planes the communications of ascended beings. The messenger is then responsible to deliver these messages to a community of devotees for the edification of that body.
- Metatron: Described by those who have seen and felt his presence, Metatron is an overwhelmingly huge and magnificent cosmic being, a Solar being. He is pure unadulterated consciousness. All of the virtues are encapsulated in his being. His name is more of a title than a name. He embodies the Tree of Life in its highest aspect. He is the Kaballah. He is androgynous in his appearance, beyond male or female. And his essence is so stupendous that he is at the core of the shift that is occurring today as he sustains the turning of worlds within his own being. (DCL, Jan. 16, 2009)
- Methuselah: Methuselah, according to Genesis 5:27, was a patriarch who lived for 969 years. He was the great-great-great-great-grandson of Seth, child of Adam and Eve; and the grandfather of Noah. The ascended master Methuselah tells us he and others of this ancient generation lived so long because they were profoundly connected to their Solar Presence allowing them to remember their divine origins. Life for them was a blissful experience in their complete oneness with God. Methuselah’s generation lived on Earth before Lemurian times. They were “prototypical archetypal beings, fashioned of that I AM essence, that original God Reality in which all were created in the beginning.” (Methuselah, Aug. 10, 2017)
- Micah: The son of Archangel Michael and Faith, Micah’s twin flame is the Angel Unity. As their names reveal, they disseminate the light and energy of unity and harmony upon Earth.
- Mighty Cosmos: A being whose God consciousness is so vast that it encompasses the entire cosmos, Mighty Cosmos assists us in the use and mastery of the crystal rays, which he ensouls.
- mystery schools: Mystery schools are earthly communities under the sponsorship of the Universal Great White Brotherhood where the principles of cosmic truth are taught and students strive to embody that truth. Since the fall—the departure of Adam and Eve from their holy relationship with the God in the Garden of Eden—God has raised up secret movements, societies and brotherhoods for the purpose of restoring the divine relationship. All major religions have had their mystery schools—communities where the true teaching of the indwelling presence of the Divine and our destiny as Sons and Daughters of God has been delivered to those who vigorously pursue the spiritual path.
- nature spirits (elementals): Beings of earth (gnomes), water (undines), air (sylphs), and fire (salamanders), nature spirits lovingly provide the platform for the evolution of life in the natural world upon Earth. Though most of mankind do not see elementals (young children often do), these gentle beings respond to our appreciation for their sacred work in outpicturing the beauty of the flora and fauna all around us. Walt Disney brought to television and movies a colorful representation of some of the workings of the nature spirits, especially in the epic film Fantasia.
- Nephilim: From the Hebrew word meaning “those who fell,” the Nephilim are fallen angels who were cast out of heaven into earth after they were disobedient to God’s will (Revelation 12:7–12.) Their karma required that they take on physical bodies. Through their many incarnations they have continued to rebel against God’s laws and oppress the children of God on Earth.
- new-age rosary: The Hearts Center has released seven new-age rosaries that honor the light of the Divine Mother and assist in the raising of the kundalini within the devotee: The Golden Buddha Rosary, Children’s Golden Buddha Rosary, Rosary of Faith, Rosary of Divine Quintessence, Kuan Yin’s Rosary of Mercy, Vesta’s Solar Rosary, and Leto’s Evening Meditation. There are also four Rosaries of Loving Affirmations in The Hearts Center’s Prayers, Decrees and Mantras book. Our prayer book can be purchased through our online store or downloaded as separate prayers on our “Prayers and Songs” page.
New Blue: A new current of energy signifying the occurrence of a great shift, the new blue ray descends from Alpha and Omega, the Father-Mother God of our universe, and pulses out to us from the God Star, Sirius. New Blue is the first of the new higher frequencies being introduced to the Earth and to this entire solar system. Announced by El Morya in his HeartStream of January 11, 2007, this new energy is ushering us into an age of illumination, enlightenment, compassion and freedom—an age when the Mother Light is activated in the Earth and in mankind. This new blue ray is sealed within frequencies that are ever changing, demonstrating our requirement to be adaptable in order to flow with the winds of the Holy Spirit. To fully understand the New Blue, we move from a sense of duality and enter what the masters have called a unified field of beingness in God that is beyond doctrine, dogma and manmade laws. The new blue ray is the new law of life.
New Jerusalem: An etheric, or heavenly, city of light, also referred to as the Holy City, as described in Revelation by John the beloved, the New Jerusalem overflows with the glory of God. It is the abode of celestial and ascended beings. The New Jerusalem is the etheric blueprint of the coming of the golden-crystal age to Earth. When the Earth was created, it was a tropical garden paradise, a "Jerusalem." When it became "Paradise Lost,” an archetype/blueprint remained in heaven waiting to once again be lowered upon the Earth. It remained in the unconscious memory of the planet as a holy vision, crystallized in love, and is returning as the New Jerusalem through devotees, the Golden-Crystal Age come again. “The Holy City itself is the manifestation of the Bride, the Mother energy of God. The Holy City is the sacred geometric grid of light that is secured in the heavens and is there for us to study, to understand and to then incorporate into our own pathway as a sacred model for our own life.... We may become the Holy City in action through a life lived to the glory of God, where there is always light—ready, ample and available for us to share, to shine forth, to express.... As you enter the holy temple of your own heart in meditation, in prayer, in silence and as you retire at night, you may access the Holy City's eternal light frequencies, by God's grace, by God's truth and by the sacred dynamic of this alchemy of beingness, by living in Presence, by living in the new peace of the New Jerusalem.” (Saint Germain, Sept. 18, 2010)
nirvana: A Sanskrit term, Nirvana means “to cease blowing.” It can also mean “blown out” or “extinguished,” in that a person’s desires, and the suffering that manifests from them, are no more. It is a state of freedom from all imperfections. Gautama Buddha defines it as “the highest spiritual attainment” and “the highest happiness.” We may experience Nirvana after lifetimes of virtuous living, following the teachings of the Four Noble Truths, the Eightfold Path and the Middle Way.
- OM: The term OM, or AUM, has its origin in the Hindu Vedas. It is the sacred sound of creation. The giving of the OM facilitates the soul’s ability to come into oneness with her Solar Presence.
- Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov: Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov was a Bulgarian master and spiritual teacher (1900 and 1986.) His oral teachings on many spiritual topics, ranging from the importance of meditating upon the sun to commentary on the Book of Revelation, have been transcribed into publications by his students, published by Prosveta.com, and available in English. These publications are also available through The Hears Center online store. Excerpts from his book of daily meditations are read at the beginning of each Hearts Center morning broadcast service. Order Omraam's books here.
- Oversoul: Relating to our I AM Presence (Solar Presence, Divine Presence), the Oversoul, according to El Morya in his March 12, 2013 darshan, is simply the “Essence of our Presence.” It is the original blueprint of our divine essence from ages past when we were created in the image and likeness of God. Our Oversoul exists within a higher level of our being. Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote an extensive essay titled “The Over-Soul,” which was published in Essays: First Series (1841). www.emersoncentral.com/oversoul.htm.
- Paneurhythmy: Paneurhythmy (pan-u-rith-mee), a system of meditative movement set to sacred music, was created and introduced by the Bulgarian master Peter Deunov between 1932 and 1942. In his own words, he describes this all-encompassing science by saying, “I have placed in your hands [Paneurhythmy], the key to my Teaching. If you dance the Paneurhythmy correctly, the positive forces of Nature will flow through you and connect you with one another and connect all of you with the unbounded Cosmic Circle of Great Beings.” (For more information, visit their website: www.beinsadouno.org/en/. See Peter Deunov.)
- Paul the Venetian: Lord of the Third Ray, Paul blesses the Earth with the virtue of divine love, vibrating as pink-through-ruby ray aspects of the Holy Spirit as it descends into our chakras. He teaches the way of love through wisdom-in-action in order to prepare disciples to receive the Holy Spirit’s gift of discerning of spirits. Paul is devoted to beauty, the perfection of the soul through patience, understanding, self-discipline, and the development of the intuitive and creative faculties of the heart. His retreats are in an etheric dimension in Southern France and in Manhattan. His twin flame is the Goddess of Beauty.
- Peace and Aloha: Elohim of the sixth ray, the purple and gold ray of divine peace, service, ministration, and the resurrection light, Peace and Aloha have their etheric retreat over the Hawaiian Islands.
- Peter Deunov: Peter Deunov (1864–1944), known as Beinsa Douno in his native Bulgaria, was a philosopher, spiritual teacher, and mystic who developed a form of esoteric Christianity. The major teachings and techniques for spiritual work he espoused include prayer, services, music, movement, breathing practices, greeting the sunrise, and living in community. He gave approximately 3700 lectures between 1914 and 1944, many of which are now compiled into books. For information, visit www.beinsadouno.org/en/.
- pineal gland: The pineal gland, pea-like in size and associated with the third-eye chakra, is positioned near the center of the brain. Although atrophied in most individuals due to neglect and improper diet, metaphysicians believe that if revived and reactivated, this ancient “eye” can see beyond the veil of human experience into spirit worlds.
- Portia: Twin flame of Saint Germain and hierarch of the Aquarian Age, Portia serves on the Great Karmic Board as the Goddess of Justice, also known as the Goddess of Opportunity. Portia has remained in the octaves of light during Saint Germain’s embodiments upon Earth to hold a spiritual focus for him, supporting his work on behalf of mankind. Sponsor of Eastern Europe and a member of the Karmic Board, Portia's etheric retreat is over Ghana, Africa.
- prana: Prana is the breath of life; that quality within the air we breathe that gives life and animates our beings.
- Presence: When capitalized, Presence refers to the I AM Presence. When lowercased, it refers to the state of divine beingness rather than the I AM Presence. See also Solar Presence.
- Purity, Elohim: A Divine Builder of Form who serves on the fourth ray of purity, perfection and of the ascension flame. Purity and his twin flame, Astrea, at our invocation, encircle and demagnetize our beings using a matrix, or divine thoughtform, of a blue/white flaming circle and sword. We envision a circle of light spinning in a buzz-saw action while moving up and down our spines, clearing and consuming anything not of the light. See prayers 40.002 and 40.005 in our Prayers, Decrees and Mantras book for purchase in our online store and downloadable as separate prayers on our Prayers and Songs page.
- Raphael: See archangel.
- resurrection: While the resurrection is defined in the Christian tradition as the return of the soul into its physical form after the pronouncement of death (as demonstrated by Jesus Christ) or used to describe the events of a future Judgment Day when souls who have died will resurrect, the ascended masters teach that we can experience the resurrection while in embodiment. To begin the resurrection process, we become more aware of the immortal being who we really are and identify with that immortality. We pray for the light of God to enter our beings and free us from every vibration of limitation and lack.
- resurrection flame (spiral): The resurrection flame is a swirling flame surrounding those who are preparing for their flight back home to God in the ascension. Its mother-of-pearl color is derived from the spinning of the three separate pink, yellow and blue flames of the threefold flame of the heart—pink (love), yellow (wisdom), and blue (power). This flame is the divine spark of God within us. As we walk the spiritual path, offering devotion to God and service to others, the three plumes come into balance and grow. This expanding and intensifying flame becomes the transfiguration flame because the individual has mastered selflessness and is walking the Earth in his true identity, his Christ/Buddha nature. At some point in this light evolution, the flame encompasses the entire form and begins a swirling action, and the transfiguration flame becomes the resurrection flame or spiral.
- retreats, ascended master (or etheric retreats): The etheric retreats of the Great White Brotherhood are great flowfields of light within the antahkarana, or “web of life,” that serve multiple purposes. Each one has a particular focus of divine activity and energy that serves a specific purpose of nourishing life and sustaining the action of the sacred fire for the planet. The retreats are the homes of the ascended masters in the etheric realms, where they teach those among mankind who desire to be trained on the spiritual path. Students may travel in their etheric bodies to the retreats while their bodies sleep at night. The etheric retreats are located in the etheric realms at specific places across the Earth.
- root races: A term for a series of lifewaves, or vast evolutions (millions) of souls, who incarnate during specific cycles upon Earth, each root race has an archetypal seed pattern of light that it is destined to embody. Seven root races are to embody during Earth’s spiritual evolution.
- ruby ray/ruby-ray path: The ruby ray is the eighth ray of integration, signifying the highest frequency of divine love. Those who walk the path of the ruby ray live a life of surrender, sacrifice, selflessness, and service for the purpose of fulfilling the light of divine love within their hearts, as well as on behalf of the evolutions of light on Earth.
- sacred fire: Divine light as it manifests within and through the Mother, or base, chakra, the kundalini is an Eastern term for this Mother light of sacred fire.
- Saint Germain: Saint Germain is the Lord of the Seventh Ray. As Jesus Christ was the master of the Piscean Age, Saint Germain leads us into the Age of Aquarius, the next 2,000-year cycle. His great gift to mankind is the knowledge of the violet light, an aspect of the Holy Spirit, whose vibration is mercy, forgiveness and freedom. Praying for these qualities to enter our beings allows us to become free of non-resolution, sadness, anger and all forms of mental revolving that tie up our energies. Instead we experience the joy of being free to love, serve and create.
- Saint Germain and Portia: These ascended twin flames serve on the seventh ray. Saint Germain embodies the qualities of soul-freedom—a freedom that comes because the soul has learned the art of forgiveness. His twin flame, Ascended Lady Master Portia, embodies the quality of justice. Together they work to balance mercy with true discernment.
- saints robed in white: Masterful souls, East and West, who have reunited with the divine light in the ascension through obedience to the Law of Love, these ascended ones now wear garments of white light, symbolic of their humility, purity, and attainment. They are free from the rounds of rebirth and have their names written in the Book of Life. (Daniel 12:1; Revelation 20:12) See also “ascended masters” and “Great White Brotherhood.”
- samsara: A Sanskrit term, samsara means “continuous movement” or “continuous flowing.” It is the soul’s illusory recurring cycles of life, death and rebirth, and results from the soul’s belief in the lie of separation from its divine nature.
- Sanat Kumara: The Ancient of Days (Daniel 7:9, 13, 22), Sanat Kumara is the original Keeper of the Flame, and the spiritual ruler of the planet Venus, existing in the etheric plane beyond our mortal vission. Many eons ago, he offered to assist Earth, karmically scheduled for destruction. Its evolutions no longer acknowledged or were connected to their Source, having extinguished the divine spark within their hearts. Sanat Kumara was granted permission from a cosmic council to come to Earth with 144,000 other lightbearers to help Earth’s citizens awaken to their true divinity and regain their soul freedom. He is also known as Dipamkara in Buddhism, Kartikeya (second son of Shiva and Parvati) in Hinduism, and Ahura Mazda in Zoroastrianism.
- secret chamber of the heart: Also called the crystal chamber, it is a sacred place within the heart chakra, a holy altar in the center of our being where we may go in meditation to meet with God as our own Holy Christ/Buddha Self. It is in this chamber that we commune with the Divine and receive the testings that strengthen us to more perfectly embody the qualities of God here on Earth. The threefold flame resides in this secret chamber.
- Sephirotic Tree of Life: Kabbalistic teaching on creation and the structure of the universe and an understanding of the personality of God, the Sephirotic Tree of Life contains ten sephirot, grouped in specific combinations—three pillars on which three triads of sephirot are arranged— emanating certain qualities.
- Seraphim: The highest order of the nine choirs of angels, closest to God, the seraphim emanate an intense white light of divine purity and encircle the throne of the Almighty, praising God continuously. They are often depicted with six wings. A seraph was sent to initiate St. Francis of Assisi, emitting piercing rays of light into his hands, feet, and side, resulting in the stigmata. The seraphic hosts also circumambulate the cosmos, radiating currents of the ascension flame to harmonize all life in their buoyant, joyful presence.
- seven rays: The seven rays emanate from the Great Central Sun as well as our individual Solar Presence. It is through these seven rays the Great Central Sun focuses its light. These rays compose the color spheres that surround the Solar Presence. (See Buddha Nature Chart.) They are concentric spheres, together referred to as the causal body, and they bless the Earth with the vibrations of their qualities, helping mankind to progress in the mastery of each ray:
• Blue—the first ray: will, faith, protection and power
• Yellow—the second ray: wisdom, illumination and understanding
• Pink—the third ray: divine love, compassion and creativity
• White—the fourth ray: purity, holiness and the light of the ascension
• Green—the fifth ray: wholeness, healing, abundance, science and music
• Purple and gold—the sixth ray: service and ministration to life
• Violet—the seventh ray: forgiveness, mercy, soul-freedom and alchemy
- seventh ray of freedom: One of the seven rays emanating to our planet, the seventh ray, vibrates in the color violet and carries the qualities of forgiveness, mercy, transmutation, soul-freedom and alchemy. Saint Germain is the Lord of the Seventh Ray. This ray is most concentrated and available in general on Saturdays—the seventh day of the week.
- Shift: Saint Germain has shed light on this term, explaining: “Evolution is ongoing, and when you understand the gradations of your evolution through life into higher spirals up the pyramid of Self, then you will see this process as more than a one-time global event, called by some the Shift, for this process is always ongoing, and it continues even after you are ascended…. As each new generation is ramped up in their understanding of all cosmic laws, then you will see the point of the Shift whereby a new reality will be known. And it will be, as it were, in the twinkling of an eye that mankind now sees as God sees rather than from the human level. This does not occur only at one point; it occurs at many points that resonate with the one point simultaneously.”
- Shiva: The third god in the Hindu trinity of Brahma (the creator), Vishnu (the preserver), and Shiva, (the destroyer/transformer), he comes for the destruction of all aspects of the lower self, as well as the forces of darkness that have woven themselves into the fabric of human existence on Earth.
- Siddhartha Gautama: Called ‘The Buddha,” Siddhartha, born in northern India, lived from 563 to 483 BC. After attaining his liberation under the bodhi tree, he taught his disciples for nearly half a century. Within their sangha, a community dedicated to living holy teachings, Gautama taught his students The Four Noble Truths, the Eightfold Path, and the Middle Way. He continues to teach mankind the way to enlightenment through his anointed disciples.
- siddhis: Siddhi is a Sanskrit word derived from “Siddhartha,” the given name of the great Buddha, Gautama, enlightened teacher of the Middle Way and the Four Noble Truths. Siddhis are spiritual powers that can arise naturally as the mind empties, opens and becomes clearer, according to Eastern spirituality. Some of the siddhis are clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy, psychometry, levitation, premonition, healing, discernment and bilocation. In the Christian tradition, these higher senses are referred to as the gifts of the Holy Spirit. These gifts may be requested by devotees who in humility desire to minister to life more effectively and powerfully.
- Silent Watchers: See Great Silent Watchers.
- Solar Lords: Cosmic beings with great God-attainment, Solar Lords oversee and direct the spiritual evolution of solar systems and galaxies.
- silver cord: Also known as the crystal cord, the silver cord is the soul’s “lifeline” to the Creator in the same way our umbilical cord is our "lifeline" to our mother during the birth process. The stream of life-giving spiritual energy descends through this cord into our bodies, animating them by the power of the Holy Spirit. Clairvoyants may see this cord. And some individuals who have had near-death experiences remember being drawn back into their bodies by this slender thread of light.
- Sirius: Sirius is the focus of the Great Central Sun in our section of our galaxy.
- Solar Presence: A term introduced by the ascended masters through The Hearts Center in 2005, Solar Presence describes that portion of our being that is God. It is depicted as the upper figure in the Buddha Nature Chart. Also called the I AM Presence, the Divine Presence, the God Presence, it is the individualization of the One, our true divine identity. The term Solar Presence provides us with the image of our total being as a radiating sun center that continually emanates divine love and every virtue to all life.
- solar/sun gazing: Safely gazing at the sun while meditating upon divine solar light according to a specific disciplined practice, sun-gazing should be done only before and during the first hour after sunrise or the last hour before sunset, and as outlined by those who have mastered this science, such as Hira Ratan Manek (HRM.) Begin with gazing at the sun for only ten seconds or less, and add only ten seconds more each day until you reach a full 45 minutes. This is an ancient spiritual ritual practiced in certain past golden-age cultures, which will become common in the coming Solar civilization, or Golden-Crystal Age of Aquarius. Great spiritual benefits may accrue to the devotee when solar gazing and meditation are done properly while focusing upon the Divine, the Sun behind the sun.
- solar twin: Each soul, as well as each heavenly being, and every planet and star, was created by God in the beginning with a sacred complement or counterpart—a loving companion, opposite in polarity—a solar twin. When solar twins are able to work together to fulfill their combined divine mission, whether they are both embodied, or one is embodied and the other has ascended, the positive results for Earth are immense. Most embodied souls have been separated from their solar twins by karma. One day, a glorious reunion will occur—a reuniting in heaven that creates an atmosphere of cosmic-love oneness that initiates the explosive action of concentric waves of light moving ever outward to encompass a universe and more. Also called twin ray, twin flame.
- song celestial: The special musical composition belonging to an embodied soul, also referred to as her keynote, the song celestial is heard by that one during her ascension to heaven.
- sons and daughters of God: The term refers to souls who contain the potential of becoming the Christ, the Buddha. They are unascended disciples who have passed certain tests and proven their spiritual maturity. Their goals are to serve sentient beings on Earth, fulfill their holy purpose and unique mission, and then ascend back to God. Sons and daughters of God is a rank in hierarchy above the rank of chidren of God.
- Sons and Daughters of God: The capitalized term refers to the ascended masters, who, having passed all major initiations of the spiritual path, have graduated from Earth’s schoolroom, and returned by free will to the heart of God through the sacred process of the ascension. They are the saints, teachers and masters of East and West from all religions and cultures who now reside in higher octaves.
- soul: The soul is an impermanent part of our being that can choose to seek reunion with God and, therefore, know immortality. Through God’s gift of free will, the soul has willfully separated herself from the Creator, traveling far afield from her original potential. But by grace, there is opportunity for the soul to remember her identity as, embodiment after embodiment, lessons are learned and she again realizes that divinity is her true nature.
- spoken word, science of the: A spiritual practice of giving affirmations, mantras, decrees, invocations, fiats, and calls out loud rather than silently, this science when given with devotion to God and humility may be more powerfully effective in bringing about physical transformation because the energy of the prayers is anchored in the physical plane of being through the use of our throat chakra. Calling upon the Lord using the name of God in English, I AM THAT I AM or I AM, allows divine light and energy to coalesce within our dimension and level of existence. Divine beings must respond when we pray with holy intention and call heaven’s graces into play within our world.
- sponsoring master: An ascended master or divine one who sponsors our being both while we incarnate in matter and between lifetimes is termed our sponsoring master. This master guides and supports us throughout our evolutionary journey back to the heart of God. Often a sponsoring master offers certain divine collateral on heavenly altars to allow us to receive graces and dispensations to accelerate our progress toward our ascension. This master may be considered our true divine guru, as he/she works with our own Higher Self, or God Presence, to illumine us and inspire us to keep on the straight and narrow path home. Some initiates or more advanced souls may have more than one sponsoring master.
- Sun behind the sun: See Great Central Sun.
- sun of even pressure: The quiescent state of perfect equanimity within the exact center of the Earth and within all celestial bodies, there is a sun of even pressure for all created planets and suns. For our Earth, the sun of even pressure is the central solar atmosphere created and sustained by Virgo and Pelleur within the Earth’s core emitting harmonious vibrations for all sentient life evolving within the Earth and upon its surface. Without this equalized pressure, the Earth would wobble and be unable to maintain its orbit around the sun.
- superconscious: The superconscious is the core of who we really are as pure energy, pure light, pure being.
- Surya: A cosmic being from the God Star, Sirius, whose name in Sanskrit means “sun,” Surya in Hindu mythology is known as the Sun God. He is often depicted riding across the sky in a chariot of fire with seven white horses.
- Surya Yoga (sun yoga): About Surya Yoga, Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov taught: “Each of the other types of yoga helps to develop one particular aspect of oneself, whereas Surya Yoga activates all our psychic centers. When we unite ourselves with the sun, we are bound to get results, for we are uniting with the central power that governs and animates all the planets of our universe. This is why I say that all the other kinds of yoga, which were once considered so wonderful—and which are, indeed, still wonderful—will one day be replaced by Surya Yoga, which surpasses them all. For when you work with the sun you are working with God Himself.” (The Splendour of Tiphareth: The Yoga of the Sun.[Prosveta Publishing House, 2009], 19)
- terton: Literally, terton means “treasure revealer.” In Tibetan, terton refers to an individual who in previous lifetimes was a disciple of Padma Sambhava. These tertons later reincarnated to spread the teachings (treasures) they received, which were deliberately hidden until a more auspicious time for their revelation.
- The Hearts Center Community: Founded in 2005 by David C. Lewis, The Hearts Center Community is a dynamic ascended master movement for the 21st century and beyond. With its central location in Livingston, Montana, The Hearts Center’s mission is to share via Internet and print publication up-to-date inspiration from the ascended masters and to assist spiritual seekers in reconnecting and strengthening their tie to God. Heartfriends come together in their centers, over Internet broadcasts and during events to draw upon God’s energies through prayer, song, movement and meditation in order to sustain the balance of light upon the Earth. For further information about our community go to Welcome from the Founder and An Overview of The Hearts Center.
- Theosophical Society: The Theosophical Society was established in 1875 in New York City by Madame Helena Blavatsky with the assistance of Col. Henry Steel Olcott (1832–1907) and William Q. Judge (1851–1896) for the purpose of compiling and teaching the occult sciences. The name of the society is derived from theosophy, a Neoplatonic term meaning "divine wisdom." The Theosophical Society currently has its international headquarters at Adyar, Madras, India. The headquarters of the Theosophical Society of America is in Wheaton, Illinois. Its British affiliate is located in London.
- thoughtform for the year: An ascended-master thoughtform is an image created through higher mindfulness that keys one into the Sacred. It is a mind-picture that symbolizes a divine ideal. A master may embed within a thoughtform an energy pattern that is released when it is meditated upon and visualized during spiritual work such as meditation, contemplation or the giving of dynamic decrees, prayers, chants, and mantras. Gautama Buddha, the Lord of the World for our Earth, releases the thoughtform for the year at midnight on December 31st each year. This image provides a key for the spiritual upliftment of the planet and all of her evolutions during the ensuing twelve months. A fiery etheric engram of light, it can assist devotees in accelerating consciousness as they travel on their spiritual journey each year. An artist may be commissioned to render an image of the thoughtform for the year. To view these visuals, hover over "Broadcasts" on our website menu bar. Scroll to "Visuals" and then to "Yearly Thoughtforms."
- Three Jewels: The Three Jewels is a term originating in Buddhism describing the three pillars of its belief system. The first jewel is the Buddha, or the awakened teacher. The second jewel is the dharma, meaning reality in its highest definition. It can also mean the teaching itself or the work to be done based on the teaching. And it can be the spiritual practices that are followed, the duties of spiritual service. The third jewel is the sangha, the community of devotees who receive the teaching and work together to embody its words and share its precepts with others.
- threefold flame: The threefold flame is nothing less than God, blazing within our physical form, individualized in each person. This flame is placed in the secret chamber of the heart at birth and is withdrawn at the time of transition. Not one but three identifiable plumes, vibrating as blue, yellow, pink, compose the threefold flame. See the lower figure of The Chart of Your Buddha Nature. These plumes rise from the same source, a tiny sphere of white Mother Light energy. The blue plume blazes as the will of God, the faith of God and the power of God. It is also the flame of protection. The yellow plume represents the right use of knowledge—a wisdom and discrimination based on the standards and principles of truth. The pink plume represents love—adoration, devotion, compassion—the very nature of God. The three plumes are meant to be in balance—the same height. Most of us have uneven plumes, demonstrating that we have not always tempered power with wisdom or love, or love with discerning wisdom. We may be wise but hesitate to act upon what we know, indicating that our blue plume needs to grow through prayer and action. When the three plumes are in perfect balance through a virtuous life, Christ consciousness is attained.The threefold flame is also meant to expand and intensify.
- transfiguration: The transfiguration, also called the changing of garments, takes place within an individual when there is a degree of balance of the threefold flame and its continuing expansion. This is observed as selflessness in the actions of the devotee, a harmonious spirit and a consistently forgiving heart. In a sense, the soul has shed the garments of former ways of reacting and being that had caused pain and suffering and now dons new garments of wholeness, joy and empowerment.
- transmutation: Transmutation, in spiritual terms, is the alchemical transformation, or recycling, of negative and limiting energies created in the physical world into pure light-energy.
- twelve archangels and archeiai: An archangel is the highest-ranking position in the order of angels. An archeia is a feminine archangel. Each pair of seven archangels and archeiai represents one of the seven rays, or the seven major aspects of God’s consciousness that are depicted in the causal body rings surrounding our Solar Presence. There are also five crystal-ray archangels and archeiai, recently revealed through the dispensation of The Hearts Center. Just as every soul has a twin flame, every archangel has an archeia. As an example, Mother Mary is an archeia on the ray of healing, the green ray. Her twin flame, also on the green ray, is Archangel Raphael.
- twin flames: Each soul, as well as each heavenly being and every planet and star, was created by God in the beginning with a sacred complement, or counterpart—a loving companion, opposite in polarity. When twin flames, also called solar twins or twin rays, of incarnated beings are able to work together to fulfill their combined divine mission, whether they are both embodied or one is embodied and the other has ascended, the positive results for Earth are immense. Most embodied souls have been separated from their twin flames by karma. One day, a glorious reunion will occur—a reuniting in heaven that creates an atmosphere of cosmic-love oneness and initiates the explosive action of concentric waves of light moving ever outward to encompass a universe and more.
tyrant ego-dweller (dweller-on-the-threshold): A term used to refer to the self-created conglomeration of misqualified energy of an individual,the tyrant ego-dweller results from the misuse of free will over many lifetimes. This grid of energy, woven around the central core of our being over these lifetimes, has taken on an identity of its own and opposes the divine mission that we came to Earth to accomplish. It is sometimes called the anti-self, the not-self, or the dweller-on-the-threshold. Its intensity can be lessened and ultimately its existence transmuted through prayer, meditation, purification, and selfless service to life.
- unascended master: An unascended master is one who has earned the right to ascend but has chosen to remain close to the Earth or embodied among men in order to assist its evolutions more directly. In the East, such a master is termed a bodhisattva.
- Universal Great White Brotherhood: The Universal Great White Brotherhood, also referred to as the Universal White Brotherhood and the Great White Brotherhood, is an association of saints and sages from all paths and religions. This Brotherhood includes angels and cosmic beings as well. “It is the authority and governing body that represents the Godhead in this system of worlds.”* Many members of the Universal Great White Brotherhood had walked the Earth or other planets in our system. Some individuals who are currently embodied have earned the right, even from this unascended state, because of their great service and devotion, to be considered among the ranks of the Universal Great White Brotherhood. Still other members have never entered the rounds of rebirth, residing in etheric octaves. White makes no reference to race but to the purity of each member. The purpose of the Universal Great White Brotherhood is the upliftment of mankind so that each individual may attain that selfsame mastery and the ultimate joy of divine reunion through the ascension.
(*Excerpted from a darshan with the Maha Chohan, June 1, 2008.)
- violet laser light: The violet laser light is an accelerated, divine energy emission projected through conscious and focused visualization, usually coupled with spoken prayers, mantras, decrees or fiats. This concentrated light emission creates a positive quantum field wherein advanced alchemy may occur. The violet laser light intensifies the action of the violet fire to a high pitch and frequency, allowing instantaneous transmutation. When engaging in the use of this seventh-ray aspect of the Holy Spirit, the devotee must act only from the point of the highest humility and purity and from complete surrender to the law of being if his alchemical experiments are to be successful.
- violet light/violet flame: The violet light is the seventh-ray aspect of the Holy Spirit. The seventh ray carries the qualities of mercy and freedom, forgiveness and joy. This sacred-fire energy works miracles in our lives, balancing negative karma from current and past lifetimes, lifting burdens and feelings of depression. Invoked through mantra, meditation, decree and song, the violet light can be visualized as flames surrounding a person, a place or a situation. It has been called the “cosmic eraser” and the real “fountain of youth.” To read or download The Hearts Center affirmations and decrees to the violet light, visit our Prayers and Songs page, prayers 70.001 through 70.070.
Virginia: See Cyclopea and Virginia.
virya: Virya is a Sanskrit word meaning “energy, zeal, vigor.”
- Wonderman of Europe: This title was given Le Comte de Saint Germain, an embodiment of Saint Germain , because of the amazing alchemical feats and spiritual works that he performed throughout the courts of Europe in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. In order to get the attention of the royalty of Europe and persuade them to come together in a peaceful union, the count entertained them by transmuting the flaws in their precious stones, bi-locating, speaking numerous languages fluently, masterfully playing a variety of musical instruments, and sharing an intimate knowledge of events around the world.
- WORD: The WORD, or Living WORD, is the indwelling Christ/Buddha Self of every child of God upon Earth. The Christ/Buddha Self is an aspect of God that lives within our hearts. It is a step-down transformer connecting the soul with its Solar Presence. The WORD is the Mediator between God and man. The WORD allows heaven and earth to meet in the heart center of the soul.
- World Teacher: A holy office in the Universal Great White Brotherhood, the title of World Teacher is held by ascended beings whose attainment qualifies them to represent the Christ as divine mentor to mankind. This office was formerly held by Lord Maitreya. On January 1, 1956, Lord Maitreya transferred it to Jesus, his disciple, and Kuthumi, an embodiment of Saint Francis. Then, on January 1, 1987, shortly after Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov’s ascension on Christmas Day 1986, the Master Omraam joined Jesus and Kuthumi in this office. These three—Jesus, Kuthumi and Omraam—now form a triumvirate of light, focusing the triune nature of God for mankind: Jesus, the blue plume; Omraam, the yellow; and Kuthumi, the pink. They are responsible for delivering the higher teachings of divine truth to the evolutions of Earth during this time of transition between Pisces and Aquarius as they focus the light of the Christ and the Buddha for all. The World Teachers have inspired and imparted ancient wisdom at the soul level to many advanced teachers, philosophers, scientists, artists and advocates of truth throughout the world.
- Yantra: A Sanskrit word, yantra is a mystical diagram said to have occult powers. These diagrams have been used in Eastern mysticism to balance the mind or focus the mind on spiritual concepts. Yantras can also be worn as a protection. Squares, triangles, circles, floral patterns or more complex designs can be used in these diagrams. An example of a yantra is the depiction of a lotus.
- Zarathustra: Also known as Zoroaster, Zarathustra, was the founder of Zoroastrianism in ancient Persia, one of the oldest of the world’s religions. Though he was a native speaker of Old Avestan and lived in the eastern part of the Iranian Plateau, his birthplace is uncertain. He is credited with the authorship of the Yasna Haptanghaiti which includes the Gathas, hymns at the liturgical core of Zoroastrian thinking. He was a visionary and a prophet in that Persian embodiment. In heaven’s hierarchy he is the highest initiate of the sacred fire for planet Earth, presiding over the priests of the sacred fire and the priesthood of Melchizedek.
- zero point: The initial or starting locus of being from which all creation and evolution emerges is zero point. Also, it is the dot within the center of a circle that is identified as the Source. The neutral point that has neither a positive or negative charge or essence. Involution manifests as lifestreams return to this central point of being. (adapted from El Morya’s Sept. 19, 2011 HeartStream)
- zone of proximal development: The difference between what a learner can achieve independently and what the learner can achieve with instruction is the zone of proximal development. It is that area where certain skills or functions have not fully matured in the student but are in an embryonic state. This concept was introduced by Soviet psychologist Lev Vygotsky as a more accurate evaluation of a student’s intelligence than the use of academic testing to deduce this, and how to proceed with his or her instruction.
- z-ray: “The z-ray anchors a high frequency of light as the zenith of all audible sound rays. It is the culmination of all of the letters of the English alphabet, A-Z, and includes within its humming tonal sound the individual vibrations of all the letters. The z-ray is a concentrated spiritual quintessence that synthesizes sound vibrations into sub-light or pre-photonic energy. Within the higher evolutions of the elemental kingdom, honey bees anchor the z-ray from Venus, their home star, to the Earth and its atmosphere. Their great ingenuity in pollinating flowering plants while also creating perfect geometric honeycombs is proof of their sacred work on behalf of all elemental life, whom they serve most nobly. Honey, pollen and royal jelly are concentrated forms of a divine ambrosia or love-wisdom elixir offered by plants to mankind. These contain a high solar light content and are thus most beneficial for our health and longevity.” (El Morya, June 15, 2009.)