(Find specific brief biographies of key individuals, unascended and ascended masters, archangels, cosmic beings and Elohim in this color.)
- Afra: Afra, having ascended over 36,000 years ago, is the ascended master patron of Africa and represents unity and the true understanding of universal brotherhood.
Akasha: A Sanskrit term, Akasha is a dimension of energetic vibration capable of absorbing and archiving every activity—thought, word, action, feeling—of every sentient being from the beginning of time. Related term: Akashic record.
- alchemical: Alchemical means “transformational” in a mystical sense. See "alchemy."
- alchemy: Alchemy is a type of pre-chemistry used in medieval times for the transmutation of base metals into gold or silver. In its esoteric context, past and present, alchemy refers to the science of spiritual transformation. According to the teachings of the ascended masters, it is the process through which the base nature of the lesser self is transformed into the qualities of the Higher Self.
Alpha and Omega: Our Father-Mother God, Alpha and Omega, reside in the Great Central Sun in the center of the known, physical creation, or cosmos. As a uniplurality of being, they outpicture the perfect balance of the masculine and feminine polarities within the Godhead.
- amanuensis: An amanuensis is an unascended disciple who, due to spiritual preparation in current and past lifetimes, is able to receive from higher planes the communications of ascended beings, which he transcribes and delivers to a spiritual community for their edification. In ascended master movements of the 20th and 21st centuries, amanuenses have also been referred to as messengers.
- antahkarana: Often called “the web of life,” antahkarana is a light grid that interpenetrates all planes of consciousness from Spirit to matter, allowing a flow of communion to occur throughout the creation and between the Creator and the creation.
- Apollo and Lumina: Apollo and Lumina are the Elohim of the second ray, the ray of illumination. The color of the second ray is yellow.
- archangel: An archangel is the highest-ranking position in the order of angels.
- archeia: An archeia is a feminine archangel. Just as every soul has a twin flame, every archangel has an archeia. As an example, Mother Mary is an archeia on the ray of healing, the green ray. Her twin flame, also on the green ray, is Archangel Raphael. There are seven archangels and archeiai representing the seven rays, or the seven major aspects of God’s consciousness. These are depicted in the causal body rings surrounding our Solar Presence. For their specific colors, see Your Buddha Nature chart. There are also five secret-ray archangels and archeiai, recently revealed through the dispensation of The Hearts Center.
- Arcturus and Victoria: Arcturus and Victoria are the Elohim of the seventh ray, the ray of mercy, forgiveness and freedom. The color of the seventh ray is violet.
- ascended masters: The ascended masters are the saints, teachers and sages of all religions and cultures who once walked upon this planet and other worlds. They are called ascended masters because they have gained mastery over the world in which we live, allowing them to return to the heart of God through the sacred ritual of the ascension. In the heaven world, they work together with the angels and cosmic beings to assist mankind in attaining that selfsame mastery.
- ascension: The ascension is complete liberation from the rounds of karma and rebirth. In the ascension process, the soul becomes merged with her Solar Presence, experiencing freedom from the gravitational, or karmic, pull of the Earth and entering God’s eternal Presence of divine love. Students of the ascended masters work toward their ascension by studying and internalizing the teachings, serving life, and invoking the light of God into their lives. Their goal as they walk the earth is the cultivation of a relationship with God that becomes more real, more vital with each passing day.
- ascension flame: The ascension flame evolves from the balancing, growing and acceleration of the threefold flame of love, wisdom and power—the divine spark within our hearts—located in the secret chamber of the heart. Through a coming into oneness with our Christ/Buddha nature in devotion to God and service to life, the balanced threefold flame first becomes the transfiguration flame then the resurrection flame, evolving into the resurrection spiral. And from the acceleration of the resurrection spiral, the ascension flame radiates as pure luminescent white light, encompassing the the individual and preparing the soul for the next step—the forming of the ascension spiral.
- ascension spiral: The ascension spiral is a swirling energy field of pure white light created from the ascension flame. The spiraling action prepares the soul for her imminent departure from the physical plane into permanent union with her Christ/Buddha Presence and Solar Presence.
- Astrea: Astrea is the Elohim of the fourth ray of purity. We call to her daily to encircle and exorcise our beings using her circle of flame and her sword of flame—both blue in color. When we invoke the energy of the circle and sword, we envision the circle moving up and down our forms, cutting away, much like an electric saw, all that hinders us from being free, joyful, loving and productive. We can envision her sword as tall as our forms and standing parallel to our spines. The sword magnetizes all forms of negativity from the body, the emotions, the mind and the memory. This circle and sword action may encompass the smallest electron or encircle our entire planet and beyond. See Prayers and Songs for prayer 10.009, “Circle and Sword of Astrea.”
Atmic level: This spiritual plane of existence, tantamount to our highest essential beingness, is the ineffable ultimate and disinterested state of perfect love and harmony.
- AUM: The term AUM, or OM, has its origin in the Hindu Vedas. It is the sacred sound of creation. The giving of the AUM facilitates the soul’s ability to come into oneness with her Solar Presence.
- aura: The aura is an energy field that radiates from the human body. The feelings, thoughts and actions of an individual affect the colorations and size of his or her aura.
- Blavatsky, Madame Helena: Madame Helena Petrova Blavatsky (1831–1891), born into Russian aristocracy, was an occultist who possessed psychic abilities from early childhood. During a sojourn into Tibet, she was commissioned by certain masters to share occult knowledge with a larger body of students in the East and the West.
- bodhisattva: A bodhisattva is an enlightened being who has taken spiritual vows to stay with the Earth until all sentient life has transcended maya, or illusion.
- Buddha Mother: Buddha Mother is a title for Elizabeth Clare Prophet first used in The Hearts Center movement in 2005 in recognition of her attainment of Buddhahood while still embodied. In a past life, Elizabeth Clare Prophet was Yeshe Tsogyal, consort and chief disciple of Padma Sambhava who imparted to her the inner mysteries of the Eastern path of Buddhism and gave her the title of Guru Ma in the late '70s.
Buddhic nature: A fully awakened consciousness, the Buddhic nature is an eternally free, selflessly compassionate, flawlessly kind, and completely enlightened state of being; it is a pure understanding of Truth and the ability to live in Truth. “Buddha” means “awakened one” in Sanskrit.
- causal body: Our causal body is composed of seven spheres-within-spheres of light surrounding our Solar Presence. In the Buddha Nature Chart depiction, the spheres are seen in cross-section, appearing as rings. These color spheres are the accumulation of every compassionate act that we have ever performed throughout our incarnations. Every person’s causal body, then, is unique in appearance with some spheres of larger size than others. We receive our energy, strength and inspiration from the light of our causal body through invocation and intention.
- chakra: Chakra is a Sanskrit term for “wheel” or “discus.” The chakras are spinning centers of energy that receive and emanate the flow of God’s light. They can also be called generating stations, or power stations, of light. There are seven main chakras aligned along the spinal column and head. The crown chakra is located at the top of the head, the third-eye chakra between and a bit above the physical eyes, the throat chakra at the Adam’s apple, the heart chakra in the middle of the chest, the solar plexus chakra in the diaphragm area, the seat-of-the-soul chakra below the navel, and the base chakra at the tip of the spine. Five lesser-known chakras, called the secret-ray chakras, are located in the thymus area, hands and feet.
- chohan: Chohan is a Sanskrit word for “chief” or “lord.” A chohan is a spiritual leader of great attainment who works with mankind from the ascended state. The seven chohans for the Earth currently are El Morya, Lanto, Paul the Venetian, Serapis Bey, Hilarion, Nada and Saint Germain—each serving on one of the seven rays.
- Christ/Buddha Self: The Christ/Buddha Self is the mediator connecting the soul to her Solar Presence as a step-down transformer. Through the great mercy of God, the Christ/Buddha Self—the Son of God, individualized for each person—allows the soul to understand to a greater degree, and relate to, her individualized Solar Presence.
- cosmic beings: Cosmic beings are individual identities that have attained cosmic consciousness. Their auric emanations have expanded to embrace not just one planet but often entire solar systems and galaxies. Some cosmic beings are given the title of “God” or “Goddess” to denote an attainment of celestial awareness, while focusing for vast evolutions one particular God-quality.
- crystal cord: The crystal, or silver, cord is the soul’s “lifeline” to the Creator in the same way our umbilical cord is our "lifeline" to our mother during the birth process. A stream of life-giving spiritual energy descends through this cord into our bodies, animating them by the power of the Holy Spirit. Clairvoyants may see this cord. And some individuals who have had near-death experiences remember being drawn back into their bodies by this slender thread of light.
Crystal-Diamond Tube of Light: A cylinder of divine light, as illustrated in our Buddha Nature Chart, our Crystal-Diamond Tube of Light encompasses, protects and seals us in an energy field of inviolate perfection. This tube of shimmering radiance descends from our Solar Presence at our call. See prayers 0.001 and 0.005 in our Prayers, Decrees and Mantras book, for purchase in our online store and downloadable as separate prayers on our Prayers and Songs page.
darshan: A sacred experience of intimate communion with a live master, darshan often occurs in close proximity. It is the sharing of teaching through discourse and/or the answering of questions either by the presiding master or the devotees and by the radiation conveyed. Within The Hearts Center, the ascended masters desire aspirants to rise into their own Christic and Buddhic awareness to discern by the Holy Spirit the truths of higher gnosis through their own direct connection with their Presence, or Higher Self.
- deathless solar body: Also called the “seamless garment,” this spherical light body is woven around the soul aspiring to become one with her Buddha Nature. Its numberless threads are the result of the soul’s every virtuous act, loving thought and uplifting word throughout her embodiments. The deathless solar body prepares the soul for its graduation from Earth through the ascension process.
decrees: These “power prayers” are spoken, poetic, rhythmic and often rhyming prayers or mantras that invoke the light of God to radiate throughout our beings and around the Earth. When repeated with devotion and focus, light intensifies within the chakras and aura of the decreer, producing positive change and planetary transformation. For a free listing of decrees and other prayer forms, click Prayers and Songs.
Devachan: Devachan is a plane of existence where souls may go after their transition to experience the fulfillment of certain desires that have preoccupied their energies and limited their spiritual progress. Once the soul has experienced Devachan, there sometimes is the realization that true fulfillment comes only in desiring oneness with her Creator. For that reason, souls remain in Devachan temporarily and in preparation for their next incarnation.
- dictation: A type of HeartStream, a dictation is a message from an ascended being delivered through a chosen messenger, an office of the Universal Great White Brotherhood, for the purpose of edifying the Community of The Holy Spirit. The message is usually delivered orally through the messenger but can also be written down by the messenger during transmission and then read aloud.
- discourse: A discourse is a type of HeartStream that is more conversational and informal in tone than a dictation. As opposed to a verbatim release, the messenger shares thoughts that are impressed upon him from the master, often speaking of the master in third person. Some discourses do not identify any specific master’s overshadowing, yet remain inspired messages from the heart of the messenger.
- dispensation: A dispensation, in a spiritual context, is a grant of light, an allotment of energy that the ascended masters secure for a person or community for the good of humanity. It must be approved by one or more councils in the heaven world, based on the nature of the request and what the proposal entails. It requires a promise of repayment in the form of greater spiritual growth, enlightenment, practical work and prayers from those to whom the dispensation is given.
- Divine Director: The Divine Director is a cosmic being on the blue ray, or first ray, of power, protection and the will of God. He is the Guru of Jesus Christ and Saint Germain and is available to guide us, as his name attests, in walking in the highest will of God.
- Divine Mother: The term Divine Mother is the title given to any feminine divine being. Religious traditions of East and West have worshipped the Divine Mother in their female saints and sages. Examples of more well-known Eastern Mothers are Isis, Kuan Yin, Kali and Durga; Mother Mary and the female saints of the Catholic tradition are Divine Mothers of the West.
- Djwal Kul: Djwal Kul, also called “Master D.K.” or “The Tibetan,” is known in esoteric circles for his embodiment as a Tibetan master and also as an ascended being who assists planetary evolution. He was introduced to a wider audience through the writings of Madame Helena Blavatsky, co-founder of the Theosophical Society. Elizabeth Clare Prophet, a messenger of the Great White Brotherhood, revealed that Djwal Kul had been embodied as one of the three wise men, named Caspar. Through The Summit Lighthouse and The Hearts Center, Djwal Kul has taught the importance of the holy breath and forms of breathing that promote spiritual and physical well-being and progress. To hear the entirety of Djwal Kul’s message on union with the God within, click Djwal Kul, February 18, 2008.
- dweller-on-the-threshold: Dweller-on-the-threshold is a term used to refer to the self-created conglomeration of misqualified energy. It is the result of the misuse of our individual free will over many lifetimes. This grid of energy, woven around the central core of our being over these lifetimes, has taken on an identity of its own and opposes the divine mission that we came to Earth to accomplish. It is sometimes called the anti-self or the not-self. Its intensity can be lessened and, ultimately, the entirety of its existence transmuted through prayer, meditation, purification and loving and selfless service to life.
- El Morya: El Morya is the Lord of the First Ray, the ray of God’s will. Through his many embodiments—including the Biblical patriarch Abraham, the visionary King Arthur, the principled Thomas Becket, the renaissance Indian mogul Akbar, the stalwart St. Thomas Moore, and the sensitive and loyal Irish poet Thomas More—the soul of El Morya excelled in its tenacity to principle and obedience to the highest understanding of the will of God.
electronic belt: The conglomerate of all negative karmic records, or misqualified energies, accumulated during a soul’s evolution over numerous lifetimes, the electronic belt can be seen within the aura by clairvoyants and adepts as a dark, negative vortex from just below the naval to beneath the feet, encasing the four lower bodies in a “belt” of astral substance.
Electronic Essence: Another name for Solar Presence, our Electronic Essence is the living, glorious divinity of an individual.
Electronic Presence: The living, light-projection of a master’s I AM God Presence, or Higher Self, over a soul in embodiment to assist that one in some way is the Electronic Presence of that master. A master may appear at numerous places at the same time in answer to multiple prayers and will manifest many Electronic Presences simultaneously.
- elemental kingdom: The elemental kingdom is composed of a hierarchy of guardian spirits, ranging from the mighty Elohim to the littlest sylph. These guardian spirits are responsible for the precipitation in form of the ideations and feelings of both God and man. It is one of the three kingdoms created by God—the other two being the kingdom of angels and the kingdom of man. Divided into four areas—earth, water, air and fire—the elemental kingdom has its directors and servants. For example, the earth elementals, known as gnomes, are under the direction of twin flame cosmic beings named Virgo and Pelleur.
- Earth—Virgo and Pelleur—gnomes
- Water—Neptune and Luara—undines
- Air—Aries and Thor—sylphs
- Fire—Oromasis and Diana—salamanders
- Elizabeth Clare Prophet: Elizabeth Clare Prophet served as a messenger of the Great White Brotherhood through The Summit Lighthouse organization, founded in 1958 by her husband, mentor and messenger of the Great White Brotherhood, Mark L Prophet. From 1961, when she first joined Mark in his work, until his ascension in 1973, they traveled the world delivering the teachings of the ascended masters. They published the Pearls of Wisdom and over seventy books on the teachings. From 1973 until her retirement in 1999, Elizabeth carried on the work as messenger and spiritual leader of The Summit Lighthouse and Church Universal and Triumphant. She continued to teach globally, to supervise Summit University sessions, direct quarterly conferences, create videos and musical audios, and publish books and magazines on the teachings of the ascended masters. She made her transition on October 15, 2009 and her ascension at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 17, 2009, delivering her first public HeartStream the following day. It was announced on October 24 that Elizabeth's ascended name is Clare de Lis. She has since released a series of 33 HeartStreams as well as other HeartStreams.
Elohim: The Lords of Creation referred to in Genesis, the “Seven Spirits of God” in Revelation, and the “Morning Stars” in Job, the Elohim are beings of immense light and power who ensoul galaxies and universes. They are also known as the “Builders of Form” because they created the physical universe in which we live. Serving under the Elohim are the Four Hierarchs of the Elements and the entire elemental kingdom of gnomes, sylphs, salamanders and undines.
- etheric plane: The etheric plane is divided into two portions. The lower etheric overlaps denser planes called the mental, the astral and the physical. In the higher etheric, souls who have balanced a certain percentage of karma by devotion to God, consistent prayer lives and service to others reside between embodiments or in preparation for their ascension. In comparison to the physical plane, the etheric is so accelerated that it cannot be seen with the human eye. In this higher etheric plane, the records of mankind’s entire evolution can be accessed. These records are referred to as akasha or the akashic records. Levels of the higher etheric plane are where the ascended masters dwell, where their magnificent retreats and cities of light are located.
- ex cathedra: In the traditional sense of the word, ex cathedra denotes a pronouncement that originates from a seat of authority. In terms of the manner in which HeartStreams are received by a messenger, the ascended master’s presence comes upon the messenger as a fusion of the master’s chakras with the messenger’s chakras, allowing for a more authoritative and definitive release of the Word than if it had come through telepathic communication. An ex cathedra HeartStream is experienced by the messenger as the master speaking through his or her vocal chords.
faithfield: This energy grid of blue crystalline light surrounds the soul whose trust in God and in the goodness of his will is strong. The Archeia Faith, twin flame of Archangel Michael, supports our creation of spiritual faithfields wherever and whenever we are engaged together in devotion to the one God.
- fallen angels: The fallen angels are those once pure and loving angelic beings who, through an act of rebellion in carrying out their assigned tasks, “fell” from their estate in the higher spheres of light and consciousness. To the present day, fallen angels work at cross purposes to the light and mankind’s solar evolution.
First Cause: God, the Creator, First Principle, the All-in-all, the Great Initiator of All That Is are all synonymous terms for First Cause.
- Five Crystal Rays: The Five Crystal Rays, known previously as the Five Secret Rays until new information about them was revealed through The Hearts Center dispensation, reside in dimensions beyond the Seven Rays. Some teachings place the crystal rays in vibration between the white and yellow causal body spheres. In fact, the crystal rays have a mysterious and multi-dimensional quality that may defy placement in a chart or diagram. The Five Crystal Rays scintillate, sparkle and vibrate. The activation of the crystal rays causes a greater sensitivity in the consciousness of the student as the rays clear and spiritualize our auras and widen the crystal-cord connection between our Christ/Buddha Self and our souls. Although there is a primary focus of color for each crystal ray, it is best not to focus so much on the color as to allow the rays to work through us as they desire. In a darshan by Lord Maitreya from December 16, 2007, he tells us to “…move in their stream, which is the nature of the cosmos itself.” These rays become available to students whose purity, internal balance and love for God have been tested over time. The names of the archangels and archeiai of the Five Crystal Rays, shared on November 28, 2007 by David C. Lewis, messenger for the Universal Great White Brotherhood for The Hearts Center, are listed here:
||Auriel and Alena (Alēn-ah)
||Celestel and Celena (Celēn-ah)
||Christiel and Christyla (Chrĭstē-lah)
||Soliel and Astrela (Astrā-lah)
||Virtuel and Vestrea (Vestrā-yah)
flowfield: A stream of light through which a continuous flow of divine radiance may be sustained, a flowfield typically results from the prayers, meditations and services offered by one or more devotees. It may become an ever-expanding reservoir of divine energy that can protect and bless our auras, both individually and collectively. Our auras may become a dynamic flowfield when we are aligned with God’s will, wisdom and love.
fohatic energies: Transformative and powerful frequencies, fohatic energies are invoked from divine realms and transmitted through the voices of aspirants and adepts during short, energetic and focused fiats, commands or affirmations, often using the words, I AM, meaning the name of God.
- four lower bodies: The four lower bodies are interpenetrating sheaths of consciousness that together form the monad, individual identity, we know as MAN (man, woman or child). They consist of the etheric (memory), mental (mind), emotional (feeling or astral), and physical bodies through which the soul (psyche) exeriences life and evlolves in time and space until it is reunited with its Divine Presence in the ascension in the light. The three higher bodies—the Holy Christ/Buddha Self, the Solar (I AM) Presence and the causal body—exist beyond the matter planes in the rarefied dimensions of Spirit.
Fourth Root Race: A term for the fourth in a series of lifewaves, or vast evolutions (millions) of souls, the Fourth Root Race incarnated over a 14,000-year period upon Earth. The first three root races maintained their connection with God, fulfilled their divine plan and ascended at the close of their epic lives. Souls of the Fourth Root Race descended from the etheric into the physical plane after the “Great Fall” and have been reincarnating upon Earth ever since, along with the fifth, sixth and now seventh root races.
- Goddess of Beauty: The Goddess of Beauty is the title of the Ascended Lady Master Ruth Hawkins, twin flame of Paul the Venetian. Having recently ascended in the 20th century, she is remembered for her love of beauty and her great artistic talent as an oil painter.
- golden age/golden-crystal age: It is an age of wholeness, peace and harmony upon Earth when a majority of mankind lives together in brotherly love and unity and in service to God and man. Educational, religious, scientific and governmental institutions elevate and serve its citizenry. Music and the arts rise to new heights of sublime beauty and perfection. Nature is unmarred by any form of blight, environmental pollution or violent weather condition. Climates are consistently moderate with the precise precipitation needed to grow delectable fruits, grains, vegetables, lush flora and healing herbs. There is a lessening of disease and lifespans increase. Pure solar power and the use of spiritual science techniques have advanced technology at every level. And nature spirits, angels and ascended beings walk and talk with us daily in full view. Heaven in great measure is integrated with Earth in this golden-crystal age of Aquarius.
Great Central Sun: The Source, The Center, The Great Hub, The Cosmic Sun behind the Sun are all other terms for the Great Central Sun—a massive energy vortex in the heart center of the cosmos and the nucleus from which all life originated. Sirius is the focus of the Great Central Sun in our section of our galaxy.
- Great Central Sun Magnet: The Great Central Sun Magnet “is not so much physical in the sense that you are physical, but it is a cosmic compass, a fire enfolding itself.” It emanates “such love that all is drawn into it by the power of its focus and purity.” You can become any virtue and many virtues through repolarization with the Great Central Sun Magnet. “Like attracts like, and so what the Great Central Sun Magnet attracts is the God-fire within you, drawing you unto itself as you hold within your being your own magnet of pure love.” (Sections excerpted from a darshan with the Maha Chohan on June 1, 2008.)
Great Silent Watchers: Cosmic beings who represent the pure virtues of the Spirit, the Great Silent Watchers are available to inspire souls in embodiment by ensouling perfect vision for many who have temporarily lost the long-term visionary aspects of their own Higher Self. The Great Silent Watchers, through their All-Seeing-Eye ability, behold all in perfection. They are, by their meditation, in a perfect state of silence, allowing the Mother of All Life, the Perfect Seer, the Beholder, to create the worlds, and life itself. Through the awareness of the Great Silent Watchers streams consciousness in all of its beauty, wrapping its light-energy around the creation itself.
- great solar aura: The causal body, or greater auric field, composed of beautiful colored spheres is the great solar aura of our Solar Presence. See the Buddha Nature Chart for a colorful representation.
- Great White Brotherhood: The Great White Brotherhood, also referred to as the Universal White Brotherhood and the Universal Great White Brotherhood, is an association of saints and sages from all paths and religions. This Brotherhood includes angels and cosmic beings as well. “It is the authority and governing body that represents the Godhead in this system of worlds.”* Many members of the Great White Brotherhood had walked the Earth or other planets in our system. Some individuals who are currently embodied have earned the right, even from this unascended state, because of their great service and devotion, to be considered among the ranks of the Great White Brotherhood. Still other members have never entered the rounds of rebirth, residing in etheric octaves. White makes no reference to race but to the purity of each member. The purpose of the Great White Brotherhood is the upliftment of mankind so that each individual may attain that selfsame mastery and the ultimate joy of divine reunion through the ascension.
(*Excerpted from a darshan with the Maha Chohan, June 1, 2008.)
- heartfriend: An individual who has been drawn to the universal message of The Hearts Center and the radiance of the ascended masters through our HeartStreams, we call a heartfriend, a term coined by the ascended masters themselves. And any and all who serve God’s purposes on earth we joyfully consider heartfriends also, whether they are a part of our movement or not.
- heartstreaming: Heartstreaming is a practice that brings about a shift in consciousness, moving us from seeking the best mental models and ideas for problem-solving or creativity to magnetizing inspired solutions that await our discovery. Heartstreaming comes naturally when there has been a cultivation of the heart, an ongoing spiritualization of the heart. The heart is our bridge to the subtle world of Spirit. Heartstreaming works with groups as well as individuals, with the young as well as those of all ages.
- HeartStreams: HeartStreams are up-to-the-minute messages from the ascended masters through their anointed messengers in The Hearts Center movement. They may come in the form of dictation, discourse or darshan. These messages vibrate with the masters’ love and wisdom and anchor light in the Earth as they are being delivered and when they are replayed in audio or video format. They teach, exhort, bless, uplift and direct us in specific actions needed to assist not only ourselves but our planet.
Helios and Vesta: Cosmic beings who for eons ensouled the sun as the Father-Mother presence for our solar system, Helios and Vesta emanate their golden radiance upon all sentient life. On December 21, 2012, Helios and Vesta moved to a higher spiritual office, replaced by the God and Goddess Meru. This shift is felt as dynamic changes within our own beings and throughout our planet and solar system.
- higher bodies: The three higher bodies of man are the Holy Christ/Buddha Self, the Solar Presence and the Causal Body. See “Buddha Nature Chart.”
- Higher Consciousness: Higher Consciousness, or Higher Self, describes a part of being that is an expansion and refinement of human awareness into a divine awareness of what is real on every plane of existence. In the ascended master tradition, Higher Consciousness allows us to perceive individualized manifestations of God—from our Father-Mother God, Alpha and Omega, to beings of the Elohimic and angelic kingdoms; from every ascended master to the elementals. Through communion with these various manifestations of God, we experience the loving relationships for which our souls hunger, and we are nurtured toward spiritual growth.
- Higher Self: The Higher Self, or Higher Consciousness, describes a part of being that is an expansion and refinement of human awareness into a divine awareness of what is real on every plane of existence. In the ascended master tradition, the Higher Self allows us to perceive individualized manifestations of God—from our Father-Mother God, Alpha and Omega, to beings of the Elohimic and angelic kingdoms; from every ascended master to the elementals. Through communion with these various manifestations of God, we experience the loving relationships for which our souls hunger, and we are nurtured toward spiritual growth.
- Hilarion: Hilarion, who was embodied as the Apostle Paul, is the Lord of the Fifth Ray of healing, abundance and truth. The fifth ray vibration is the color emerald green.
- Holy Family: In the Roman Catholic tradition the Holy Family is comprised of the Virgin Mary, Saint Joseph and Jesus Christ. In recent teachings, revealed through The Hearts Center movement, the term Holy Family can mean the living presence within the heart of the Divine Mother, Father, Son, Daughter and Holy Spirit.
- Holy Spirit: An aspect and person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit is the Great Unifier of the body of God on Earth. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, the Comforter. Through the Holy Spirit, balance between heaven and earth is maintained. The Holy Spirit is the presence of God among men. The Holy Spirit is in the air we breathe and it is the threefold flame within our hearts. The light, as the seven rays and the five secret rays, that descends through the crystal cord, accelerating every chakra of the body, is the Holy Spirit in varying vibrations. This Spirit beats our hearts. This Spirit is life.
- immaculate concept: The immaculate concept describes a consciousness that sees and believes only perfection of a person or situation. It is a consciousness that refuses to denigrate or gossip, to criticize or judge, to blame or shame. Picture-perfect presence, a recent term shared by the ascended masters through The Hearts Center, is another way of expressing this concept. The immaculate concept is what God holds for each individual. The term immaculate concept and the teaching explaining it were given by Mother Mary to her devotees in the ’90s through the messenger Elizabeth Clare Prophet. In the Buddhist tradition this concept is called absolute bodhichitta.
- inner sight: Inner sight is a gift of the Holy Spirit that allows individuals to see beyond the physical plane into other planes of existence. In Eastern tradition, the activation of inner sight is referred to as the opening of the third-eye chakra.
- jewels, spiritual: Ascended masters acquire precious gems and jewels as gifts and rewards for service during their lifetimes and as they continue to serve in heaven. These gems can then be used by the master to assist spiritual communities with projects that benefit mankind.
Kali Yuga: A Sanskrit term meaning “age of strife, age of vice,” the Kali Yuga denotes the final and most conflict-ridden and morally decadent of the four yugas, or world ages, as described in the Hindu scriptures.
- karma: In Hinduism and Buddhism, karma is defined simply as “an action.” This action returns to the doorstep of its creator without fail either in this life or future embodiments. Harmless and compassionate actions bring blessing to the originator. Self-centered and thoughtless actions bring their painful lessons so that through experience we may learn the effect of all that we think, say and do.
- Karmic Board: The Karmic Board, also known as the Lords of Karma, is a heavenly council that deliberates upon ways and means to best assist the citizens of Earth in terms of dealing with the weight of karmic burden imposed upon this planet by its inhabitants. The members of the Karmic Board are the Great Divine Director, the Goddess of Liberty, Nada, Cyclopea, Pallas Athena, Portia, Kuan Yin, Vairochana and Gautama Buddha.
- Kuan Yin: Known as the Mother of Mercy in the East, Kuan Yin has been worshipped by Buddhists for thousands of years. She is the greatest of Bodhisattvas and embodies the totality of compassion for humanity.
- kundalini: Kundalini power, also called the sacred fire, is an aspect of the indwelling Holy Spirit of God. The kundalini rests in coils of dynamic potential in the base-of-the-spine chakra. The practice of yoga and the offering of prayers and devotion to the Divine Feminine gently raise this energy up the spinal altar, accelerating each of the seven chakras as it travels to the crown. The raising of the kundalini allows the soul access to the siddhis, or gifts of the Holy Spirit, and also brings a greater degree of integration and mastery to the soul.
- Kuthumi: Kuthumi is an ascended master who serves on the yellow ray of illumination. He was embodied as Saint Francis of Assisi. A master psychologist, Kuthumi’s assistance may be invoked as we work on the subconscious as well as conscious patterns of behavior that limit our ability to experience our true nature as compassionate servants to life. He serves now as World Teacher with Jesus.
Lanello: The ascended name of Mark L. Prophet, Lanello, is a combination of his names in two previous embodiments—Lancelot and Longfellow. Mark served as a messenger of the Great White Brotherhood in the United States from 1958 to 1973. He founded The Summit Lighthouse in Washington, D.C. in 1958 as a vehicle for disseminating the teachings of the ascended masters. With his twin flame, Elizabeth Clare Prophet, he worked from 1961 to his transition and ascension in early 1973. After Mark’s ascension, Elizabeth continued as messenger until her retirement in 1999. She made her transition in 2009 and her ascension soon after on October 18 of that year. Her ascended name is Lady Master Clare de Lis. Lanello and Clare de Lis serve as two of the seven sponsoring masters of The Hearts Center movement and regularly deliver messages for the edification of our community and the Earth through their amanuensis David Christopher Lewis.
law of correspondence: A Hermetic teaching, the law of correspondence is rooted in the Vedas—as Above, so below. The “Above” can be termed the macrocosm; the “below,” the microcosm. Everything in the physical universe has its reality in the spiritual universe. Within one lies the other. And through understanding of one, we understand the other. In addition, it is the law stating that things equal to the same thing are equal to each other. When we are one with God, we are God in manifestation.
L-fields: “Electrical patterns of life,” “fields of life” are other terms for L-fields. These terms were invented by Dr. Harold Saxton Burr, Ph.D., of Yale University School of Medicine to explain that all life is molded and controlled by electrodynamic fields, measurable using standard voltmeters. These fields are the basic blueprints of all life on this planet. Dr. Burr believed that since measurements of L-field voltages could reveal physical and mental conditions, health practitioners could use them to diagnose illness before symptoms develop.
- lifestream: Lifestream is another term for “soul” or “individual.” The word lifestream also describes the light that descends from the Solar Presence through the Holy Christ/Buddha Self and to and through the chakras of the incarnate soul to animate the physical form.
Logos: According to Greek philosophy, Logos is the guiding principle of the universe. In Hindu teachings, Shakti, a synonymn for Logos, means “original knowledge or divine reason.” It is the creative and dynamic intelligence that permeates and helps to sustain the universe. Synonymns: The WORD, the Universal Christ Consciousness.
- Lord Zadkiel and Holy Amethyst are twin-flame archangels serving on the seventh ray for this planet, the ray of mercy, forgiveness and freedom.
- Lords of the Seven Rays: Chosen because of their exemplary ability to embody a specific quality over many lifetimes, the Lords of the Seven Rays are ascended masters who have each been appointed to uphold and emanate that quality for a cycle of time for all mankind. Each quality vibrates at a certain color frequency, represented by the rainbow-like rays surrounding the Solar Presence. These rays focus for the Earth the seven qualities, blessing mankind and helping all to make progress in their mastery of each ray.
- Blue—El Morya, Lord of the First Ray: will, faith, protection and power
- Yellow—Lanto, Lord of the Second Ray: wisdom and understanding
- Pink—Paul the Venetian, Lord of the Third Ray: divine love and compassion
- White—Serapis Bey, Lord of the Fourth Ray: purity and holiness
- Green—Hilarion, Lord of the Fifth Ray: wholeness and abundance
- Purple and gold—Nada, Lord of the Sixth Ray: service to life
- Violet—Saint Germain, Lord of the Seventh Ray: forgiveness, mercy and soul-freedom
- Maha Chohan: The Maha Chohan, meaning the “Great Lord,” is the representative of the Holy Spirit to the Earth. It is his work to assist mankind to contact the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth.
- Maitreya: Serving currently as the representative of the Cosmic Christ to Earth and called in ascended master tradition “The Coming Buddha Who Has Come,” Maitreya is the embodiment of compassion. He is also called “The Great Initiator” as he puts students on the path of the ascension through their paces in order to accelerate their service to God and man. He is the one referred to by Jesus during his Galilean ministry as the “heavenly Father.” In recent HeartStreams, Jesus refers to Maitreya as his Guru. Maitreya descended to Earth with Jesus and other compassionate beings from Venus many eons ago in support of a rescue mission initiated by Lord Sanat Kumara.
manu: A cosmic being who guides, encourages and inspires a root race, a manu is the ideal leader whom millions of souls aspire to emulate on their path to their ascension. The Great Divine Director is the Manu of the Seventh Root Race.
manvantaric: the adjective form of the Sanskrit term, manvantara it pertains to one of the fourteen intervals comprising the life-cycle of a world system. One life cycle is as one inbreath and outbreath of the Creator. After these fourteen intervals have been completed, there is a time of rest. Then the process begins anew.
- Mark L. Prophet: Mark L. Prophet was a messenger of the Great White Brotherhood from 1958 to 1973. He delivered and published messages from the ascended masters called the Pearls of Wisdom through The Summit Lighthouse organization, which he had founded in Washington, D.C. in 1958. Mark and his twin flame, Elizabeth Clare Prophet, worked together for the Brotherhood from 1961 to his transition and ascension in 1973, traveling the world, introducing tens of thousands to their I AM Presence and the application of the violet flame. They held quarterly conferences and published over seventy books of ascended master teachings.
maya: A veil of illusion or darkness, maya hides from mortal eyes the reality of the Spirit and of higher, celestial octaves of light. The physical world that is perceived by our outer senses clouds the consciousness that is caught in duality and separation from God. It is a Sanskrit term meaning “unreality, impermanence, duality.”
- messenger: A messenger is an unascended disciple who, due to spiritual preparation in current and past lifetimes, is able to receive from higher planes the communications of ascended beings. The messenger is then responsible to deliver these messages to a community of devotees for the edification of that body.
- mystery schools: Mystery Schools are earthly communities under the sponsorship of the Universal Great White Brotherhood where the principles of cosmic truth are taught and students strive to embody that truth. Since the fall—the departure of Adam and Eve from their holy relationship with the God in the Garden of Eden—God has raised up secret movements, societies and brotherhoods for the purpose of restoring the divine relationship. All major religions have had their mystery schools—communities where the true teaching of the indwelling presence of the Divine and our destiny as Sons and Daughters of God has been delivered to those who vigorously pursue the spiritual path.
New Blue: A new current of energy signifying the occurrence of a great shift, the new blue ray descends from Alpha and Omega, the Father-Mother God of our universe, and pulses out to us from the God Star, Sirius. New Blue is the first of the new higher frequencies being introduced to the Earth and to this entire solar system. Announced by El Morya in his HeartStream of January 11, 2007, this new energy is ushering us into an age of illumination, enlightenment, compassion and freedom—an age when the Mother Light is activated in the Earth and in mankind. This new blue ray is sealed within frequencies that are ever changing, demonstrating our requirement to be adaptable in order to flow with the winds of the Holy Spirit. To fully understand the New Blue, we move from a sense of duality and enter what the masters have called a unified field of beingness in God that is beyond doctrine, dogma and manmade laws. The new blue ray is the new law of life.
- OM: The term OM, or AUM, has its origin in the Hindu Vedas. It is the sacred sound of creation. The giving of the OM facilitates the soul’s ability to come into oneness with her Solar Presence.
- Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov: Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov was a Bulgarian master and spiritual teacher who lived between 1900 and 1986. His oral teachings on many spiritual topics, ranging from the importance of meditating upon the sun to commentary on the Book of Revelation, have been transcribed into publications by his students and are now available in English. Excerpts from his book of daily meditations are read at the beginning of each Hearts Center morning broadcast service. To order books
- pineal gland: The pineal gland, pea-like in size and associated with the third-eye chakra, is positioned near the center of the brain. Although atrophied in most individuals due to neglect and improper diet, metaphysicians believe that if revived and reactivated, this ancient “eye” can see beyond the veil of human experience into spirit worlds.
- Portia: Portia, a cosmic being who ascended many eons ago and twin flame of Saint Germain, is also known as the Goddess of Justice. Sponsor of Eastern Europe and a member of the Karmic Board, her etheric retreat is over Ghana, Africa.
- prana: Prana is the breath of life; that quality within the air we breathe that gives life and animates our beings.
Purity, Elohim: A Divine Builder of Form who serves on the fourth ray of purity, perfection and of the ascension flame. Purity and his twin flame, Astrea, at our invocation, encircle and demagnetize our beings using a matrix, or divine thoughtform, of a blue/white flaming circle and sword. We envision a circle of light spinning in a buzz-saw action while moving up and down our spines, clearing and consuming anything not of the light. See prayers 40.002 and 40.005 in our Prayers, Decrees and Mantras book for purchase in our online store and downloadable as separate prayers on our Prayers and Songs page.
- resurrection: While the resurrection is defined in the Christian tradition as the return of the soul into its physical form after the pronouncement of death (as demonstrated by Jesus Christ) or used to describe the events of a future Judgment Day when souls who have died will resurrect, the ascended masters teach that we can experience the resurrection while in embodiment. To begin the resurrection process, we become more aware of the immortal being who we really are and identify with that immortality. We pray for the light of God to enter our beings and free us from every vibration of limitation and lack.
- resurrection flame (spiral): The resurrection flame is a swirling flame surrounding those who are preparing for their flight back home to God in the ascension. Its mother-of-pearl color is derived from the spinning of the three separate pink, yellow and blue flames of the threefold flame of the heart—pink (love), yellow (wisdom), and blue (power). This flame is the divine spark of God within us. As we walk the spiritual path, offering devotion to God and service to others, the three plumes come into balance and grow. This expanding and intensifying flame becomes the transfiguration flame because the individual has mastered selflessness and is walking the Earth in his true identity, his Christ/Buddha nature. At some point in this light evolution, the flame encompasses the entire form and begins a swirling action, and the transfiguration flame becomes the resurrection flame or spiral.
- Saint Germain: Saint Germain is the Lord of the Seventh Ray. As Jesus Christ was the master of the Piscean Age, Saint Germain leads us into the Age of Aquarius, the next 2,000-year cycle. His great gift to mankind is the knowledge of the violet light, an aspect of the Holy Spirit, whose vibration is mercy, forgiveness and freedom. Praying for these qualities to enter our beings allows us to become free of non-resolution, sadness, anger and all forms of mental revolving that tie up our energies. Instead we experience the joy of being free to love, serve and create.
- Saint Germain and Portia: These ascended twin flames serve on the seventh ray. Saint Germain embodies the qualities of soul-freedom—a freedom that comes because the soul has learned the art of forgiveness. His twin flame, Ascended Lady Master Portia, embodies the quality of justice. Together they work to balance mercy with true discernment.
Sanat Kumara: The Ancient of Days mentioned in the Book of Daniel, Sanat Kumara is the original Keeper of the Flame, and the spiritual ruler of the planet Venus, existing in the etheric plane. Many eons ago, he offered to assist Earth, karmically scheduled for destruction. Its evolutions no longer acknowledged or were connected to their Source, having extinguished the divine spark within their hearts. Sanat Kumara was granted permission from a cosmic council to come to Earth with 144,000 other lightbearers to help Earth’s citizens awaken to their true divinity and regain their soul freedom. He is also known as Dipamkara in Buddhism, Kartikeya (second son of Shiva and Parvati) in Hinduism, and Ahura Mazda in Zoroastrianism.
- secret chamber of the heart: It is a sacred place within the heart chakra, a holy altar in the center of our being where we may go in meditation to meet with God as our own Holy Christ/Buddha Self. It is in the secret chamber that we commune with the Divine and receive the testings that strengthen us to more perfectly embody the qualities of God here on Earth. The threefold flame resides in the secret chamber of the heart.
Sephirotic Tree of Life: Kabbalistic teaching on creation and the structure of the universe and an understanding of the personality of God, the Sephirotic Tree of Life contains ten sephirot, grouped in specific combinations—three pillars on which three triads of sephirot are arranged— emanating certain qualities.
seven rays: The seven rays emanate from the Great Central Sun as well as our individual Solar Presence. It is through these seven rays the Great Central Sun focuses its light. These rays compose the color spheres that surround the Solar Presence. (See Buddha Nature Chart.) They are concentric spheres, together referred to as the causal body, and they bless the Earth with the vibrations of their qualities, helping mankind to progress in the mastery of each ray:
• Blue—the first ray: will, faith, protection and power
• Yellow—the second ray: wisdom, illumination and understanding
• Pink—the third ray: divine love, compassion and creativity
• White—the fourth ray: purity, holiness and the light of the ascension
• Green—the fifth ray: wholeness, healing, abundance, science and music
• Purple and gold—the sixth ray: service and ministration to life
• Violet—the seventh ray: forgiveness, mercy, soul-freedom and alchemy
- Seventh Ray of Freedom: One of the seven rays emanating to our planet, the seventh ray, vibrates in the color violet and carries the qualities of forgiveness, mercy, transmutation, soul-freedom and alchemy. Saint Germain is the Lord of the Seventh Ray. This ray is most concentrated and available in general on Saturdays—the seventh day of the week.
- siddhis: Siddhi is a Sanskrit word derived from “Siddhartha,” the given name of the great Buddha, Gautama, enlightened teacher of the Middle Way and the Four Noble Truths. Siddhis are spiritual powers that can arise naturally as the mind empties, opens and becomes clearer, according to Eastern spirituality. Some of the siddhis are clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy, psychometry, levitation, premonition, healing, discernment and bilocation. In the Christian tradition, these higher senses are referred to as the gifts of the Holy Spirit. These gifts may be requested by devotees who in humility desire to minister to life more effectively and powerfully.
- silver cord: Also known as the crystal cord, the silver cord is the soul’s “lifeline” to the Creator in the same way our umbilical cord is our "lifeline" to our mother during the birth process. The stream of life-giving spiritual energy descends through this cord into our bodies, animating them by the power of the Holy Spirit. Clairvoyants may see this cord. And some individuals who have had near-death experiences remember being drawn back into their bodies by this slender thread of light.
- Solar Presence: Solar Presence is a term, introduced by the ascended masters through The Hearts Center in 2005, to describe that part of our being that is God. It is depicted as the upper figure in Your Buddha Nature Chart. The Solar Presence is also called the I AM Presence, the Divine Presence, the God Presence. It is the individualization of the One, our true divine identity. The words Solar Presence provide us with the image of our total being as a radiating sun center that continually emanates divine love and every virtue to all life.
Solar Presence: A term introduced by the ascended masters through The Hearts Center in 2005, Solar Presence describes that portion of our being that is God. It is depicted as the upper figure in the Buddha Nature Chart. Also called the I AM Presence, the Divine Presence, the God Presence, it is the individualization of the One, our true divine identity. The term Solar Presence provides us with the image of our total being as a radiating sun center that continually emanates divine love and every virtue to all life.
- solar twin: Each soul, as well as each heavenly being, and every planet and star, was created by God in the beginning with a sacred complement or counterpart—a loving companion, opposite in polarity—a solar twin. When solar twins are able to work together to fulfill their combined divine mission, whether they are both embodied, or one is embodied and the other has ascended, the positive results for Earth are immense. Most embodied souls have been separated from their solar twins by karma. One day, a glorious reunion will occur—a reuniting in heaven that creates an atmosphere of cosmic-love oneness that initiates the explosive action of concentric waves of light moving ever outward to encompass a universe and more. Also called twin ray, twin flame.
- song celestial: The special musical composition belonging to an embodied soul, also referred to as her keynote, the song celestial is heard by that one during her ascension to heaven.
- sons and daughters of God: The term sons and daughters of God refers to souls who contain the potential of becoming the Christ, the Buddha. They are unascended disciples who have passed certain tests and proven their spiritual maturity. Their goals are to serve sentient beings on Earth, fulfill their holy purpose and unique mission, and then ascend back to God. Sons and daughters of God is a rank in hierarchy above the rank of chidren of God.
- Sons and Daughters of God: The term Sons and Daughters of God refers to the ascended masters, who, having passed all major initiations of the spiritual path, have graduated from Earth’s schoolroom and returned by free will to the heart of God through the sacred process of the ascension. They are the saints, teachers and masters of East and West from all religions and cultures who now reside in higher octaves.
- soul: The soul is an impermanent part of our being that can choose to seek reunion with God and, therefore, know immortality. Through God’s gift of free will, the soul has willfully separated herself from the Creator, traveling far afield from her original potential. But by grace, there is opportunity for the soul to remember her identity as, embodiment after embodiment, lessons are learned and she again realizes that divinity is her true nature.
sun of even pressure: The quiescent state of perfect equanimity within the exact center of the Earth and within all celestial bodies, there is a sun of even pressure for all created planets and suns. For our Earth, the sun of even pressure is the central solar atmosphere created and sustained by Virgo and Pelleur within the Earth’s core emitting harmonious vibrations for all sentient life evolving within the Earth and upon its surface. Without this equalized pressure, the Earth would wobble and be unable to maintain its orbit around the sun.
- superconscious: The superconscious is the core of who we really are as pure energy, pure light, pure being.
- terton: Literally, terton means “treasure revealer.” In Tibetan, terton refers to an individual who in previous lifetimes was a disciple of Padma Sambhava. These tertons later reincarnated to spread the teachings (treasures) they received, which were deliberately hidden until a more auspicious time for their revelation.
- The Hearts Center Community: Founded in 2005 by David C. Lewis, The Hearts Center Community is a dynamic ascended master movement for the 21st century and beyond. With its central location in Livingston, Montana, The Hearts Center’s mission is to share via Internet and print publication up-to-date inspiration from the ascended masters and to assist spiritual seekers in reconnecting and strengthening their tie to God. Heartfriends come together in their centers, over Internet broadcasts and during events to draw upon God’s energies through prayer, song, movement and meditation in order to sustain the balance of light upon the Earth. For further information about our community go to Welcome from the Founder and An Overview of The Hearts Center.
- Theosophical Society: The Theosophical Society was established in 1875 in New York City by Madame Helena Blavatsky with the assistance of Col. Henry Steel Olcott (1832–1907) and William Q. Judge (1851–1896) for the purpose of compiling and teaching the occult sciences. The name of the society is derived from theosophy, a Neoplatonic term meaning "divine wisdom." The Theosophical Society currently has its international headquarters at Adyar, Madras, India. The headquarters of the Theosophical Society of America is in Wheaton, Illinois. Its British affiliate is located in London.
- Three Jewels: The Three Jewels is a term originating in Buddhism describing the three pillars of its belief system. The first jewel is the Buddha, or the awakened teacher. The second jewel is the dharma, meaning reality in its highest definition. It can also mean the teaching itself or the work to be done based on the teaching. And it can be the spiritual practices that are followed, the duties of spiritual service. The third jewel is the sangha, the community of devotees who receive the teaching and work together to embody its words and share its precepts with others.
- threefold flame: The threefold flame is nothing less than God, blazing within our physical form, individualized in each person. This flame is placed in the secret chamber of the heart at birth and is withdrawn at the time of transition. Not one but three identifiable plumes, vibrating as blue, yellow, pink, compose the threefold flame. See the lower figure of The Chart of Your Buddha Nature. These plumes rise from the same source, a tiny sphere of white Mother Light energy. The blue plume blazes as the will of God, the faith of God and the power of God. It is also the flame of protection. The yellow plume represents the right use of knowledge—a wisdom and discrimination based on the standards and principles of truth. The pink plume represents love—adoration, devotion, compassion—the very nature of God. The three plumes are meant to be in balance—the same height. Most of us have uneven plumes, demonstrating that we have not always tempered power with wisdom or love, or love with discerning wisdom. We may be wise but hesitate to act upon what we know, indicating that our blue plume needs to grow through prayer and action. The threefold flame is also meant to expand and become more intense.
- transfiguration: The transfiguration, also called the changing of garments, takes place within an individual when there is a degree of balance of the threefold flame and its continuing expansion. This is observed as selflessness in the actions of the devotee, a harmonious spirit and a consistently forgiving heart. In a sense, the soul has shed the garments of former ways of reacting and being that had caused pain and suffering and now dons new garments of wholeness, joy and empowerment.
- transmutation: Transmutation, in spiritual terms, is the alchemical transformation, or recycling, of negative and limiting energies created in the physical world into pure light-energy.
- twin flame: Each soul and each heavenly being, including every planet and star, was created by God with a counterpart—a loving companion, opposite in polarity—with whom a glorious reuniting would one day occur. This reuniting in heaven causes an atmosphere of cosmic-love oneness that spreads like the waves of the explosion of a hydrogen bomb. When twin flames are able to work together to complete projects for God and fulfill their combined divine mission, whether they are both embodied or one is embodied and the other has ascended, the positive results for Earth are immense, an exponential multiplication of what only one partner may have accomplished without the full cooperation of the other.
- unascended master: An unascended master is one who has earned the right to ascend but has chosen to remain close to the Earth or embodied among men in order to assist its evolutions more directly. In the East, such a master is termed a bodhisattva.
- Universal Great White Brotherhood: The Universal Great White Brotherhood, also referred to as the Universal White Brotherhood and the Great White Brotherhood, is an association of saints and sages from all paths and religions. This Brotherhood includes angels and cosmic beings as well. “It is the authority and governing body that represents the Godhead in this system of worlds.”* Many members of the Universal Great White Brotherhood had walked the Earth or other planets in our system. Some individuals who are currently embodied have earned the right, even from this unascended state, because of their great service and devotion, to be considered among the ranks of the Universal Great White Brotherhood. Still other members have never entered the rounds of rebirth, residing in etheric octaves. White makes no reference to race but to the purity of each member. The purpose of the Universal Great White Brotherhood is the upliftment of mankind so that each individual may attain that selfsame mastery and the ultimate joy of divine reunion through the ascension.
(*Excerpted from a darshan with the Maha Chohan, June 1, 2008.)
- violet laser light: The violet laser light is an accelerated, divine energy emission projected through conscious and focused visualization, usually coupled with spoken prayers, mantras, decrees or fiats. This concentrated light emission creates a positive quantum field wherein advanced alchemy may occur. The violet laser light intensifies the action of the violet fire to a high pitch and frequency, allowing instantaneous transmutation. When engaging in the use of this seventh-ray aspect of the Holy Spirit, the devotee must act only from the point of the highest humility and purity and from complete surrender to the law of being if his alchemical experiments are to be successful.
- violet light: The violet light is the seventh-ray aspect of the Holy Spirit. The seventh ray carries the qualities of mercy and freedom, forgiveness and joy. This sacred-fire energy works miracles in our lives, balancing negative karma from current and past lifetimes, lifting burdens and feelings of depression. Invoked through mantra, meditation, decree and song, it can be visualized as flames surrounding a person, a place or a situation. It has been called the “cosmic eraser” and the real “fountain of youth.” To read or download The Hearts Center affirmations and decrees to the violet light, visit our Prayers and Songs page, prayers 70.001 through 70.070.
- virya: Virya is a Sanskrit word meaning “energy, zeal, vigor.”
- WORD: The WORD, or Living WORD, is the indwelling Christ/Buddha Self of every child of God upon Earth. The Christ/Buddha Self is an aspect of God that lives within our hearts. It is a step-down transformer connecting the soul with its Solar Presence. The WORD is the Mediator between God and man. The WORD allows heaven and earth to meet in the heart center of the soul.
zone of proximal development: The difference between what a learner can achieve independently and what the learner can achieve with instruction is the zone of proximal development. It is that area where certain skills or functions have not fully matured in the student but are in an embryonic state. This concept was introduced by Soviet psychologist Lev Vygotsky as a more accurate evaluation of a student’s intelligence than the use of academic testing to deduce this, and how to proceed with his or her instruction.
Z-Ray: “The Z-ray anchors a high frequency of light as the zenith of all audible sound rays. It is the culmination of all of the letters of the English alphabet, A-Z, and includes within its humming tonal sound the individual vibrations of all the letters. The Z-ray is a concentrated spiritual quintessence that synthesizes sound vibrations into sub-light or pre-photonic energy. Within the higher evolutions of the elemental kingdom, honey bees anchor the Z-ray from Venus, their home star, to the Earth and its atmosphere. Their great ingenuity in pollinating flowering plants while also creating perfect geometric honeycombs is proof of their sacred work on behalf of all elemental life, whom they serve most nobly. Honey, pollen and royal jelly are concentrated forms of a divine ambrosia or love-wisdom elixir offered by plants to mankind. These contain a high solar light content and are thus most beneficial for our health and longevity.” (El Morya, June 15, 2009.)