- Original Course dates: 5 evening sessions from November 21 — December 12, 2005 by teleconference
- Instructors: Dr. Celeste Miller and Anita Wolberd
Purpose of Course:
This course will prepare the aspiring teacher of adults to understand basic concepts about how to select scope and sequence, how to prepare a syllabus, how to assess curriculum delivery, teaching strategies, spiritual preparation for teaching and some characteristics of the adult learner. This course is a beginning class and appropriate for those who have never received teacher training. Principles taught have applicability to workshop presentations and other informal teaching settings. There are no course prerequisites.
- Understand the difference between scope and sequence and how to apply this knowledge.
- Understand the difference between a rubric and a concept map and when to use them.
- Understand several teaching strategies and be able to apply them in the design of a course.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare a syllabus.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver curriculum to adult learners.
- Understand the spiritual preparation for teaching as a profession.
Listen to Class Audio Recordings
Listen to Class One
Listen to Class Two
Listen to Class Three
Listen to Class Four
Listen to Presentations by Students