The Seven Chakras
Whirling Energy Centers
In Eastern traditions, it is taught that our bodies have many thousands of chakras. Some schools say as many as 88,000! The ascended masters1 bring to our attention 144 of them and have shared a great detail concerning the seven major chakras that follow the line of the spinal column.
In Sanskrit, chakra means wheel. Chakras have been described as flower or lotus-like in shape, projecting out somewhat like a trumpet or a lily. And they whirl! Possessing varying numbers of petals, chakras are both receivers and transformers of God’s light, God’s energy as this energy is delivered to each living soul from her Solar Presence2 through the crystal cord3. This energy also surrounds us in the very air we breathe, and it bathes us as the rays from the sun. It is this light, radiation, prana,4 life force that the chakras transform into various frequencies needed to sustain our four lower bodies.5
So it is evident that without chakras we would not be living, breathing, animated beings. But even though the chakras of all souls were created equal in the beginning, through embodiments of misuse and neglect, our chakras truly need some attention. They need infusions of light. They need to spin and spin rapidly. In joyful, thankful, spiritually-advanced people, the chakras are symmetrically shaped, larger, emanating a pure light, and whirling like the dancers of the dervish. Healthy chakras mean a healthy individual!
The Spinal Altar and the Seven Chakras
The seven major chakras are attached to points along our spinal column, opening to the front of the body. They equate with the seven rays6 of God. Anchored in the etheric body7, these chakras nourish not only the physical form but the etheric, mental and emotional envelopes that clothe the soul.
Base of the Spine—the Mother Light
The base-of-the-spine chakra, governs the life force, called the Kundalini.8 This potent energy is meant to be activated by the expression of unconditional love. Devotions to the Divine Mothers9 and the praying of their rosaries10 are designed to raise the Kundalini flow. The four petals of the base-of-the-spine chakra emit a brilliant white light, which vibrates as the God-quality of purity, the color of the fourth-ray. The ascended master that represents the fourth ray and the base-of-the-spine chakra is Serapis Bey.
Seat of the Soul—Resting in the Glow of the Violet Light
Located below the navel, this seventh-ray chakra is called the seat-of-the-soul chakra. The soul11 is an impermanent part of our being that can choose to seek reunion with God and ultimately, immortality in that union. This six-petaled chakra emanates the color violet. The violet light radiates forgiveness, mercy and freedom. It is the color of the seventh ray and the Saint Germain is the ascended master associated with this chakra and ray.
Solar Plexus—Potential Place of Peace
The solar plexus chakra, governs the emotions. Located in the midriff area of the body it has ten petals and emanates the colors of purple and gold, flecked with ruby. Mastery of this chakra is mastery of the emotions. Purple and gold vibrate as the God-qualities of peace and service to life. Purple and gold are sixth-ray colors. Lady Master Nada represents the sixth ray.
The Heart Chakra—Meeting Place of Heaven and Earth
The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest. Even as the heart is the most vital organ in the body, the heart chakra contains a secret chamber where our divine spark, the threefold flame,12 resides. A blazing pink sun is this chakra! As the twelve petals swirl, the vibration of unconditional love is the God-quality emanating. Pink is the color of the third ray and the ascended master Paul the Venetian is its representative.
The Throat Chakra—the Creative Power of Sound
Sixteen petals spin in a blaze of sky-blue glory when the throat chakra is activated. Called the power center, the throat chakra can create or destroy by the science of sound. Blue vibrates as the first ray of God’s will, faith and power. The sounding of the OM and the recitation of sacred mantras are a vital work of this chakra. Vocal prayers, such as those found in the Prayers and Songs page of The Hearts Center website were created to employ this chakra in the science of invocation. The Lord of the First Ray is El Morya.
The Third—Eye Chakra—God-Vision
The third-eye chakra is located between our eyes and a bit above them. There is a connection between this chakra and the mystical pineal gland.13 Emanating in emerald green the quality of God-vision, the ability to see each person and situation as perfect and complete, this chakra vibrates with the fifth ray. Green is the color of not only God-vision but healing and truth. The chakra’s 96 petals radiate only divine perfection. Hilarion is the master representing the fifth ray and the third-eye chakra.
The Crown Chakra—Halo of Illumination
Referred to as the thousand-petaled chakra and the chakra of illumination, the crown chakra, is located at the top of the head. It is meant to blaze in a corona of golden light rays around our heads. Golden-yellow is the vibration of God-wisdom. This is the chakra of the Buddha.
In ascended master teaching, the purpose of the raising of the Mother Light of the base-of-the-spine chakra is to ultimately meet the Father Light in the crown. This union of Father and Mother come to rest in the heart chakra, where the Christ is born, the Buddha Nature emerges. This action magnetizes the Holy Spirit of God into our beings. We are filled with light and may offer humbly a more-than-ordinary service to life. The ascended master Lanto is Lord of the Second Ray.
So there are seven ascended masters that represent the seven chakras. They are referred to as the Lords of the Seven Rays.14 And just as these seven chakras play a most vital role within our bodies, the Lords of the Seven Rays desire to impact our spiritual path with their presence.
Activating the Seven Chakras
Through prayer to the Lords of the Seven Rays, yogic practices, service, self-observation and meditation we re-activate our chakras, remold them, enlarge them and their capacity to hold and radiate light. We can cleanse them and accelerate their spin. A guided meditation that has been prepared to assist in chakra activation and integration is entitled, the Threefold Flame Guided Meditation. Visit The Hearts Center website and click on “Teachings” on the menu bar to experience other meditations as well.
||Base of the spine
||Seat of the soul
||Forgiveness, mercy, freedom
||Power, will, faith
||Abundance, healing, vision, truth
- The ascended masters are our elder brothers and sisters who have passed all major initiations of the spiritual path and graduated from Earth’s schoolroom, returning by free will to the heart of God through the sacred ritual or process known as the ascension. They are the saints, teachers and masters of East and West from all religions and cultures who stand in glory before the presence of the one God. back to ascended masters...
- Solar Presence is a new term, introduced by the ascended masters through The Hearts Center, to describe that part of our being that is God, depicted as the upper figure in Your Buddha Nature Chart. The Solar Presence is also called the I AM Presence, the Divine Presence, the God Presence. It is the individualization of the One, our true divine identity. In the wording Solar Presence we see the image of our total being as a radiating sun center which continually emanates divine love and every virtue to all life. back to Solar Prescence...
- The crystal or silver cord is the soul’s “lifeline” to the Creator in the same way our umbilical cord is our "lifeline" to our mother during the birth process. The stream of life-giving spiritual energy descends through this cord into our bodies, animating them by the power of the Holy Spirit. Clairvoyants see this cord. And some who have known near-death experiences remember being drawn back into their bodies by this slender thread of light or descending through it for the return. back to crystal cord...
- Prana is the breath of life; that quality within the air we breathe that gives life and animates our beings. back to prana...
- The four lower bodies of man are the etheric, also known as the spiritual or memory body; the mental or thought body; the emotional or feeling body; and the physical body. These bodies clothe the soul as she travels in time and space. back to the four lower bodies...
- The seven rainbow rays are the seven qualities of God that compose the color rings or spheres which surround the Solar Presence. The attribute of each color or ray is vital to our wholeness. Each person evolving on earth is meant to master these qualities:
back to the seven rays...
- Blue—the first ray: will, faith and power
- Yellow—the second ray: wisdom and understanding
- Pink—the third ray: divine love and compassion
- White—the fourth ray: purity and holiness
- Green—the fifth ray: wholeness and abundance
- Purple/gold—the sixth ray: service to life, peace
- Violet—the seventh ray: forgiveness, mercy and soul-freedom
- The etheric body is the spiritual or memory body. It is the highest body where evolving souls who identify with their Source reside. In comparison to the physical body, the etheric is so accelerated that it cannot be seen with the human eye. But it is more real and concrete than the physical body in the true sense of what is real. back to the etheric body...
- Kundalini power rests in the base of the spine chakra. The practice of yoga and the offering of prayers and devotion to the divine Feminine raise this energy up the spinal altar, accelerating each of the seven chakras as it travels to the crown. The raising of the kundalini allows access to the siddhis, or gifts of the Holy Spirit, and brings a greater degree of integration and mastery to the striving soul. back to Kundalini...
- The term, Divine Mother, is the title given to any feminine divine being. Religious traditions of East and West have worshipped the Divine Mother in the hearts of their female saints and sages. Examples of more well-known Eastern Mothers are Isis, Kuan Yin, Kali, and Durga; Mother Mary and the female saints of the Catholic tradition are Divine Mothers of the West. Every twin flame of every Elohim, cosmic being, archangel, and ascended master is a Divine Mother. back to Divine Mothers...
- Rosaries to the Divine Mother given by The Hearts Center are the Golden Buddha Rosary, Rosary of Faith and the Rosary of Divine Quintessence. See Prayers and Songs for The Golden Buddha Rosary and the Rosary of Faith. Visit our store to purchase the Rosary of Divine Quintessence. back to rosaries...
- The soul is an impermanent part of our being that can choose to seek reunion with God and immortality in that union. Through God’s gift of free will, the soul has willfully separated herself from the Creator, traveling far afield from her original potential. But by grace, there is opportunity for the soul to remember her identity as, embodiment after embodiment, lessons are learned and she again realizes that divinity is her true nature. back to the soul...
- The threefold flame is nothing less than God, blazing within our physical form, individualized in each person. It is placed in the secret chamber of our hearts at birth and is withdrawn at transition. Not one but three identifiable plumes—blue, yellow, pink—as seen in the heart of the lower figure of The Chart of Your Buddha Nature rise from the same source—a tiny sphere of white Mother light energy. The blue plume blazes as the will of God. It is also the flame of protection as well as divine direction. The yellow plume represents the right use of knowledge of all kinds, a wisdom and discrimination based on the standards and principles of truth. The pink plume represents love—adoration, devotion, compassion, the very nature of God. back to the threefold flame...
- The pineal gland, pea-like in size and associated with the third-eye chakra, is positioned near the center of the brain. Although atrophied in most individuals due to neglect and improper diet, metaphysicians believe this ancient “eye” if revived and re-activated can see beyond the veil of human experience into spirit worlds. back to pineal gland...
- The Lords of the Seven Rays is the title given to seven ascended masters who serve on one of the seven rays of God Consciousness, each one appointed to a specific ray whose quality the master has embodied superbly for many lifetimes. The seven rainbow rays are the seven qualities of God that compose the color spheres, surrounding the Solar Presence. Our mastery of the attributes of these rays is vital to our wholeness.
back to the Lords of the Seven Rays...
- Blue—El Morya, Lord of the First Ray: will, faith and power
- Yellow—Lanto, Lord of the Second Ray: wisdom and understanding
- Pink—Paul the Venetian, Lord of the Third Ray: divine love and compassion
- White—Serapis Bey, Lord of the Fourth Ray: purity and holiness
- Green—Hilarion, Lord of the Fifth Ray: wholeness and abundance
- Purple/gold—Nada, Lord of the Sixth Ray: service to life
- Violet—Saint Germain, Lord of the Seventh Ray: forgiveness, mercy and soul-freedom