Getting to Know the Ascended Masters
Welcome to the teachings of the ascended masters. Who are the ascended masters? They are our elder brothers and sisters who have achieved dominion over time and space, have ascended back to God and now serve as our friends, mentors and guides. Some of these ascended masters you will recognize, such as Jesus, Mother Mary, Confucius, Maitreya and Gautama Buddha. Their contributions to mankind have revolutionized consciousness and culture in very dramatic and public ways.
Others, no less revolutionary, will be less familiar. A study of their incarnations will tell the story of the purpose of their souls’ missions. El Morya, Kuthumi, Djwal Kul and many others await our invitation to assist us on the way. The sphere of influence of these lesser known ascended masters is widening as more of us have the opportunity to understand their behind the scenes efforts on behalf of mankind. See our introductory article, “Who Are the Ascended Masters?” for more detail on this subject. (Once uploaded, we can create a link.)
Mystery Schools of the Universal Great White Brotherhood
The teachings of the ascended masters have been shared in the mystery schools1 of the Universal Great White Brotherhood2 for thousands of years. But with each passing decade, these wisdom teachings are having greater influence, thanks to rapid advancements in communication technologies. More importantly, there is greater acceptance of their message of soul freedom and the indwelling Presence of the divine.
The Goal of the Teachings of the Ascended Masters: Our Ascension Back to God
For many, the term “ascension” may be a new concept. The Christian Gospels record the public ascension of Jesus, the raising of his form into the heavens until it disappeared from view into the clouds. The ascended masters teach that the ascension experience, not necessarily a public one, is for every soul. As we gain mastery, we will one day be so filled with light that we will know complete liberation from the rounds of karma and rebirth. It is spiritual enlightenment and freedom from the gravitational, or karmic, pull of the earth. It is the bliss of beingness within God’s eternal presence of divine love. See the introductory article, “The Ascension, An Experience Meant for You!”
The God Within: Our Inner Teacher and Our Solar Presence
The ascended masters lead us to the God within by re-introducing us to our Solar Presence.3 They re-introduce us to our Inner Teacher, the voice of conscience, the mediator that intercedes between the purity of our Presence and our souls evolving. The ascended masters teach us the great law of mercy and its application by invoking the violet light.4 Through their messages called “HeartStreams,”5 through sponsorship, through intercession on our behalf and, most crucial, through personal communion, the ascended masters bathe our hearts and minds with understanding. They are the greatest friends we could ever know.
The Teachings of the Ascended Masters Clarify Purpose
The teachings of the ascended masters are a divine opportunity to understand life's purpose. They remind us of the sacredness of our embodiments on earth—that our real purpose for being here far surpasses finding that perfect partner or amassing wealth, fame or power. They teach us that our purpose is to walk this earth as spiritually empowered beings, blessing all souls and creatures until it is our time to ascend back to God. We are meant to be a “point through which God can emanate in greater cosmic consciousness day by day, even as [we] move on the winds of the Spirit in [our] meditations, in [our] prayers, in the stillness through which the window is opened unto the divine world and [we] see as the angels do the blessedness of all life.”6
1. Mystery Schools are earthly communities under the sponsorship of the Universal Great White Brotherhood where truth is taught and students strive to embody that truth. Since the first departure from the delivery of the Word, its compromise and distortion, God has raised up secret movements, societies and brotherhoods. All major religions have had their mystery schools, spiritual communities located across the globe where the true teaching of the indwelling presence of the divine and our destiny as sons and daughters of God has been delivered to those who would hear.
2. The Universal Great White Brotherhood, also referred to as the Universal White Brotherhood and the Great White Brotherhood, is an association of saints and sages from all paths and religions as well as angels and cosmic beings. “It is the authority and governing body which represents the Godhead in this system of worlds.”* Many members of this august Brotherhood had walked the earth or other planets in our system at one time, striving toward union with God. Some members are embodied. Because of their great service and devotion, those who are embodied have earned the right, even from the unascended state, to be considered among the ranks. Still other members have never entered the rounds of rebirth, residing in etheric octaves. White makes no reference to race but to the purity that emanates from this holy Brotherhood. The purpose of the Universal Great White Brotherhood is the upliftment of mankind so that each individual may attain that self-same mastery and the ultimate joy of this divine reunion. (*from 080601 darshan with the Maha Chohan)
3. “Solar Presence” is a new term, introduced by the ascended masters through The Hearts Center dispensation, to describe that part of our being that is God, depicted as the upper figure in “Your Buddha Nature Chart.” The Solar Presence is also called the I AM Presence, the Divine Presence, the God Presence. It is the individualization of the One, our true divine identity. In the wording “Solar Presence” we see the image of our total being as a radiating sun center which continually emanates divine love and every virtue to all life.
4. The violet light is a seventh-ray aspect of the Holy Spirit. The seventh ray carries the qualities of mercy and freedom, forgiveness and joy. This sacred fire energy called the violet light works miracles in our lives, balancing negative karma from this and past lifetimes, lifting burdens and feelings of depression. Invoked through mantra, decree and song, it can be visualized as flames surrounding a person, a place or a situation. It has been called the “cosmic eraser” and the real “fountain of youth.” To read or download The Hearts Center affirmations and decrees to the violet light, visit our Prayers and Songs page, prayers 70.001 through 70.070.
5. HeartStreams are up-to-the-minute messages from the ascended masters through their anointed messengers on earth. These messages vibrate with the masters’ love and wisdom and anchor light in the earth as they are being delivered and when they are replayed in audio or video format. They teach, exhort, bless, uplift and direct us in specific actions needed to assist not only ourselves but our planet as well.
6. Excerpt from HeartStream by Mother Mary from August 3, 2008