Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations, the Web Presence Team Leader position is responsible for the success of the mission of the Hearts Center’s website, organizes the efforts of the Web Presence Team and others who contribute content and design improvements to the site and works with other teams in cross-team project planning and execution.
Responsibilities require the exercise of independent judgment, knowledge of the specific area of assignment and of overall Hearts Center activities.
Examples of Key Duties: (Duties are illustrative and not inclusive. Individual assignments may vary.)
- Maintain a fresh, engaging content offering on the front page and appropriately throughout the site, consistent with industry best practices.
- Team with ProMotion to display and promote the art, culture and teachings of the Hearts Center through video, audio and visual effects via the web
- Maintain a web navigation structure which is effective, intuitive, SEO-friendly and leverages current technology standards.
- Monitor site traffic statistics and create web initiatives which grow traffic of people who resonate with the mission of the Hearts Center.
- Assure high performance placing of the Hearts Center website in search engines for selected words and concepts.
- Maintain a successful synergistic relationship between The Hearts Center website, Facebook and other social media.
- Manage annual budget and operating plan for Web Presence Team.
- Attend Team Leader meetings and contribute to building a culture of heart-centered process adherence and execution.
- Participate in multi-team project planning and execution.
- Timely and effective publication of Event info pages and Meru courses.
- Liaise with Hearts Center Store Team to maximize opportunities to promote products, services, events and the mission of the Hearts Center.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to completion of two years of college-level coursework. Above average computer and technical aptitude. Demonstrated experience with web site creation, HTML, effective team work, and completing projects.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and telephone, and to attend teleconference meetings; a dependable, broadband internet connection; vision to read both printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Knowledge of: (at entry)
Hearts Center organizational structure and functioning;
Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values, Principles and general HC Policies
Computer applications and basic understanding of websites & SEO;
Basic understanding of web-media (audio, video, image, text) preparation
Teamwork, meeting facilitation and developing consensus;
Creative and innovative techniques for performing assignments;
Effective business communication skills, both written and verbal
Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
Personal productivity tools (calendar, to-do’s, etc.), time management skills;
Skills in: (at entry)
Computer applications required for web-media creation;
Organizing own work, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting timelines & agreements and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction;
Using initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines;
Communicating effectively with co-workers, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
Position is approximately half-time and compensation depends on experience.